Bears DE Julius Peppers Sidelined Late Vs Bills

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bears DE Julius Peppers looks to be OK following an injury scare against the Bills in Toronto. Peppers was down on the field for several minutes after getting hit in the head by the knee of Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick as he went for a sack in the end zone late during the fourth quarter. Peppers’ neck snapped backwards on the play, but he was able to get to his feet after being checked on by trainers. Peppers walked off the field slowly, but did so under his own power.

Source: NFL.com

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Hows the most overpaid player in the league doing for you guys>? lol he sucks.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Really? You obviously haven't seen a Bears game my friend.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I saw you guys beat us. And was forced to watch that lame game against the packers. you guys are truly boring to watch. So I guess I don't even have to ask you obviously feel he's worth all that money.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

Lets see here... Peppers can say screw the game plan and do what he wants to do instead of helping the team win games. Has he done that? NO... There is more that a defensive player can do then just sack the QB. Peppers has done the little things to help the Bears win. If I where an OC and was facing a d-line Peppers was on, i'd double team Peppers every single time. So I say yeah, Peppers has been worth it.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

You can get all the hurries you want, deflections, and do all the little things but if you're not getting Sacks, INT's, FF's on the stat sheet or winning than that it don't mean much. Take DeMarcus Ware for example, he's considered to be struggling when he end's up with like 3 QB Hits, 5 QB Pressures, and No Sacks. People criticize him when he only gets 1 sack in like a 3 game span but does all the little things. You don't get paid that much do just the little things. You draft a heckin 5th rounder out of some small college to do the little things you sign undrafted free agents to grow into roles where they do the little things. You can defend Peppers all you want, and I'll criticize him all I want.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

I can give a two craps what DaMarcus Ware is doing to be quite honest. Peppers was brought to Chicago to help the Bears win games however he can, not pad his own stats. Peppers may not be the most feared DE in the league but he's up there on that list.

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I was just using him as a comparison, similar role, similar $$$, similar expectations. Sorry you couldn't see the comparison I was making. Izzy has more sacks and tackles than Peppers this year and he's making peanuts.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

I know what you where doing by bringing up DeMarcus Ware. I don't see Izzy ever getting a Julius Peppers or Tommie Harris contract. Both DEs have helped Da Bears in their own ways. I'd rather have a boring 5-3 team then an overhyped and overrated 1-6 team.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think Izzy just got resigned and got a decent deal. I mean decent for an undrafted player and a guy who's been on the team ohhhh i don't know 6 seasons maybe and never been a starter till now. But seriously, Peppers sucks, face it.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

You really don't know how much i'am laughing at how blind you are to Peppers.:icon_rolleyes: Peppers isn't going to be superman every game. Your opinion is your opinion, my opinion is my opinion. Just two opinions that won't budge.:icon_cool:

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I would continue to post in this thread but I'm running out of different ways to say Peppers sucks. Oh snap looks like I'm about to add another post to this thread.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Oh snap, i'm waiting for that next reason.:icon_rolleyes:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

So i'm gonna be waiting a while for your next reason?.:icon_smile:

14. Future

Future Rookie

Izzy is getting his stats because of all the attention Julius Peppers gets. Peppers constantly gets double teamed...if you can't see that Peppers makes a difference on the team for the Bears then you are obviously delusional. Try focusing on your crapty team rather then making idiotic claims.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yes, I'm sure of that. But you gotta give Izzy credit he's always had a knack for making plays. and that's because he gives 100% effort at all times. Okay i'll try focusing on my crapty rather than you're crapty team. Thanks for the advice.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Thats what i've been trying to tell him all along. :icon_cool:

Thats what, a minute or two of your life you'll never have back trying to educate someone that knows nothing about the Bears?

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Who gives a crap about double teams seriously. All of the best in the league deal with them. and I never said that Peppers didn't make a difference for the Bears I was just saying he sucks and is overpaid. Let's see what do I know about the Bears, Their Quarterback has diabetes, their best WR was a combine freak, 2nd best WR is their RB, RB sucks, their Ol is crap which is why they've never had a running game dating back to Thomas Jones, TE should be involved more, DL is good but they've always had a good DL, CB's are undersized, and the safeties are one bad play away from seeing Major Wright. And all in all the Bears suck and wasted so much money going out on a limb signing a guy like peppers and giving some people the idea that they were a piece away from a making a run when in fact they're a losing season away from blowing crap up.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  18. DaBearsrule4ever

The Bears haven't a running game before Thomas Jones? Really? OK! You obviously forgot about Walter Payton? What a shame... Oh, not to mention Anthony Thomas with a few 1,000 yard rushing seasons less than a decade ago. Theres also Matt Forte's rookie year two years ago. If your job was on the line and in an upcapped year, you'd go after Peppers in free agency too. Don't try and feed me that ga ga that you wouldn't.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Now i'm getting negative repped, LOL!

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I didn't mean to add before... I just meant to say dating back to Thomas Jones. A-train was great. Nothing else to add this thread for the time being. I wouldn't have gone after Peppers. and yeah we suck more. sooo maybe I have no right ripping your bears at the moment.

20. DaBearsrule4ever

When you said before Thomas Jones, I was thinking gee, Walter Payton was before Thomas Jones, lol... It's cool though.... I'm more worried about that o-line keeping Cutler healthy than i'am Peppers being superman.