Bears LB Jon Bostic Fined $21K For Hit

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Chicago Bears rookie middle linebacker Jon Bostic is apparently lighter in the wallet after the crushing preseason hit he put on San Diego Chargers wide receiver Mike Willie last week at Soldier Field.

Bears' starting weakside linebacker Lance Briggs tweeted on Wednesday morning from his Twitter account (@LanceBriggs), “Shaking my head moment. NFL fines Jon Bostic 21K for his clean hit against the Chargers.â€￾

Briggs went on to Tweet, “Bostic's s hit illegal. Hit on Dustin Keller. Legal.â€￾

Keller, a tight end for the Miami Dolphins, suffered a season-ending knee injury in the preseason on a low tackle by Houston Texans safety D.J. Swearinger, the hit is legal by NFL standards.

Bostic’s targeted Willie’s chest region on a short pass to the right on the third play of the third quarter that was ruled incomplete last week in the Bears’ 33-28 victory over the Chargers. Bostic was not flagged on the play.

The rookie out of Florida is scheduled to earn a $405,000 base salary in 2013 in addition to a $1,246,036 signing bonus, he can appeal the fine.

Source: ESPN

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

As usual, ridiculous...

More about covering their butt in possible future litigation & trying to take the violence *gasp* (cover the children's eyes!) out of their 'beloved' game. :icon_rolleyes:

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea this is a bullcrap fine. No doubt about it.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Terrible fine! The National Fine League strikes again.

Opps, i'm sorry! I hit you too hard!

Hopefully Bostic appeals this.

5. Badger

Badger Rookie

He did kind of lead with the helmet.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The NFL has a great product because of the violent nature of the game. Men get hurt playing the game and they know it going in. Freaking leave it alone. As far as Bostic committing an infraction.....100% bullcrap.

7. mcrann1

mcrann1 Rookie

needs to appeal that decision

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

nfl.com was posting this as the hit of the week on it's website until the fine was announced.total bullcrap call by the league,even the refs did not flag it during the game,and the guy who got hit bounced right up! does bostic even make that much a game since he is not guaranteed anything in his deal? somebody on espn said he made 975 bucks a game until he made the roster if he does!

9. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Bullsh!t

10. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Ridiculous

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Biggest disappointment is not finding those refs who didn't call a Damn thing after the game & go do shots & beers.

Now they know football...

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Utter bullcrap call

http://youtu.be/AuAwvUhm6VI

The puts his facemask in the opponents numbers as we've been taught since pee wee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Ok, then tell me why the ref never threw a flag?

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Bostic will be making I heard around $405,000 this season. He also has a signing bonus that is just a hair over $1 million. Thats only 5% of what Bostic will be making in 2013 but still bullcrap none the less.

15. Badger

Badger Rookie

Youve never seen a ref miss a call?

16. DaBearsrule4ever

A hit like that, you would think the ref would throw the flag. :icon_rolleyes:

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's some garbage there.

BOOMBostic!

18. DaBearsrule4ever

With all the petty fines Goodell is handing out, I think he would fit in perfectly if he where to work for the State of Illinois and all the crooks that work for it.