Bears QB Jay Cutler Apologizes To Teammates After Poor Outing

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Nov 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler can't believe he played so poorly in the Bears biggest game of the season by tossing five interceptions in Thursday night's 10-6 loss to the 49ers. His performance was awful and he knew it. "I got to apologize to the defense," a somber looking Cutler said after the game. "I think the offense as a whole has to apologize. [The defense] played a great game. They kept us in there even through all the turnovers, so you got to lead a lot better." While Cutler remained confident, at least publicly that he and his teammates would bounce back, head coach Lovie Smith admitted that Cutler's interception problems are probably starting to wear on his star quarterback. "I think it knocks you back a few steps when you throw that many interceptions," Smith said. "Yeah, it hurts you. Jay realizes what that did for the team. This is a loss. We have a team loss is what we have. Jay and the rest of the group, all of us are going to have to regroup and get ready to go. There's a lot of football left to go still." Cutler was at a loss for words when it came to his turnovers. "I don't know," he said. "[I've] got to go back and look at it. I've got to play better. I've got to take care of the ball."

Source: ESPN.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Some of CUtler's passes were just horrendous but in his defense, all 5 interceptions were not his fault...

3. cris80

cris80 comic relief

That was freaking crazy. The bears d looked a lot better than they have in previous games this season, but Cutler was horrible.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This is a good gesture, he's done worse in the past and would hardly take blame.

5. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Yeah, at least he didn't go hide when the reporters came to talk, and he did say the right things.

But I can't remember a time when he did worse than last night.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

This wasn't unexpected...

Those picks were just a result of a poor O Line, no running game to keep the defense honest, rookie receivers & a questionable OC. Cutler at least accepts responsibility, tho waaaay too much, but the reality is that this current Bear team would even make Brady or Manning look like bums.

Too much game film out there now to surprise anyone anymore nor hide the obviously weaknesses/ tendencies. Time to get used to having our asses handed to us every week & to get busy battling for last place...

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

JAY CUTLER - 14 tds 17 picks passer raiting 76.0

AARON RODGERS - 16 tds 5 picks passer raiting 103.3

............ don't know why, the packers are horrible, but this just makes me feel so much better. jay cutler franchise qb or franchise wannabe?

8. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Week #1 vs the Packers.
    We seem to be apologizing a lot lately. Lovie and Turner should apologize by resigning.:icon_frown:

9. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Bears fans deserve this. They all unmercifully booed Rex Grossman -- the guy who lead them to the Superbowl -- claiming he was the worst QB ever because of turnovers. 9-games into the season, Cutler is already just three INTs shy of the most Rex ever threw in an entire season with the Bears. Enjoy your new turnover machine, Chicago. This guy is a lot better at it. :icon_cheesygrin:

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

There defense and special teams got them to a Superbowl that year. Grossman played some goods games for them that year and there were others where is horrible (Arizona). Cutler's failures are standing out more because people were expecting him to be an upgrade at QB over Kyle Orton and he hasn't been so far, and the Bears have a losing record now instead of a winning record that they had that Superbowl year.

11. redactions

redactions Rookie

Jay Cutler is the new Jeff George.

12. cris80

cris80 comic relief

:icon_eek:

ouch That's hitting below the belt!

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ummm, ok, whatever.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i bet i know what the bears are drafting next year (with what they have). Jay had a chance 2 run 4 the TD at the end of the game. i thought 4 sure he would try 4 it. but they are leaning 2 hard on Jay's arm (52 attempts).

15. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Fixed it for ya. No need to thank me.
    I suppose you want Grossman QB for the Giants?
    Obviously clueless...

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

They need a running back, o-line, quarterback, safeties, and maybe wr. Hell they need alot of crap.

17. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Stats as the answer to anything doesn't do much for me.

I don't want to make this a Rodgers vs Cutler thing but I'd say that the Packer receivers are light years ahead of the rookies the Bears have. Add in that even with the sporadic line play, the Pack still have some semblance of a running game while the Bears do not. The Bear OL is just pitiful & the only reason they haven't given up more sacks is cuz of Cutler's mobility.

Your own coach has echo'd what's been said since Rodgers took the helm which is he holds the ball too long at times & plays it too safe. If Cutler doesn't throw, we lose without even trying. Besides that, this rookie WR corp don't even know how to 'sell' a route which has defenders sitting on a lot of these patterns.

Cutler is getting into bad habits like throwing off his back foot/forcing plays & needs to take more sacks/throw it away more. He definitely needs to play better but as far as the INTs go, the majority this year haven't been his fault.

I guess you don't watch much Bear football. Grossman didn't "lead them to the SB". Once the league got enough game film of him at about the halfway mark, he didn't adjust. The defense is what made that year, plain & simple.

If Cutler was on that squad, things would be entirely different than what he has now...

Exactly...

Hard to not expect to see opposing DCs foaming at the mouth when they know the ball's gonna be in the air that much.

18. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

No we need a new head coach,offensive coordinator,defensive coach and general manager/Lovie,Turner,Basnitch,Angelo :icon_evil:

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I wouldn't mind have Jay Cutler on the 49ers...

20. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

LOL That's not saying much....:icon_sad: