Bears Select Oregon OG Kyle Long (Rd.1, No.20)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Apr 25, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 20th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Bears select Oregon OG Kyle Long. The son of Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive end Howie Long and current St. Louis Rams end Chris Long is making his name on the offensive line for the Ducks. The two-sport star in high school enrolled at Florida State to play baseball (he was a 23rd round pick of the White Sox in 2008), but struggles there caused him to regroup at home for a while before attending Saddleback Junior College. Even as a one-and-done contributor for the Ducks on the line, Long’s combination of size and athleticism won’t be ignored by NFL scouts, who will see his great potential as a starting guard or tackle.

Source: NFL.com

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Not bad, Marc, not bad...

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Very nice!

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Should have been Eifert.

5. Tarkus

You haven't seen our OL, mj

1st things first...

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Long would be there in round 2.

7. Tarkus

Of course there's that thought but I'd rather them not play cute & stay focused at the bigger task.

Besides, Eifert has an 'Olsen' air about him that's nice in the air attack but a project at the LOS.

8. DaBears22

At least they didn't draft Te'o first round...even though he could be a decent LB in the NFL.

9. DaBears22

O line is Da Bears weakest link right now. Shore that up and then focus on other areas. Good first round pick by Chicago.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

They just spent a lot of money on the line, but I get it, tired of seeing Cutler on his butt.

11. DaBears22

As are Bears fans lol.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You have no clue if he would've been there.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Him or equal options.

14. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000163782/Bears-draft-Kyle-Long-No-20]Chicago Bears draft Kyle Long No. 20 in the 2013 NFL Draft - NFL Videos[/ame]

15. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXKJ5mJHlMc]Bears Select Kyle Long - YouTube[/ame]

16. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpwNoaiGas]NFL Draft: Bears take Kyle Long No. 20 - YouTube[/ame]

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't have minded Eifert but it all starts with the o-line on offense.

18. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I'm not :icon_twisted:

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

After Cooper went 7 it pushed up OL. Fluker went higher then he should. Warmack flew off the board (but that was more justifiable), that essentially made Pugh, Long, and Frederick first rounders and pushed down skill position guys

My guess is that in a weak draft teams with about 18 players with a first round grade wanted to build there OLs, and intiror players have a low bust rate

Sent from my HTC Vivid