Bengals CB Leon Hall Making Progress In Recovery From Torn Achilles

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by Sweets, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Four months after surgery to repair a torn Achilles tender, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Leon Hall is already back to doing position drills, Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. "In six weeks I made a lot of inroads," Hall said. "Having cleats on and getting back on the field, I’m encouraged by that. I’m still not where I want to be four months in but it does feel good when I am running, backpedaling and doing side-to-side stuff." Hall tore his left Achilles in a November loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers and hopes to be ready for the start of training camp in late July. Selected in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft out of Michigan, Hall had not missed an NFL game, appearing in all 73 games over the last four and a half seasons, a streak that had ranked fifth among active NFL cornerbacks. In those 73 games, Hall has 290 tackles and 20 interceptions. The Bengals signed Hall to a four-year, $39 million contract extension before the start of the 2011 regular season, Hall is due a $5 million roster bonus and $1.6 million base salary next season, and his $8.5 million cap number is currently the highest on the team.

Source: Mac's Football Blog