Bengals Finalize Deal For 1st Round Pick OT Andre Smith

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by wide right, Aug 30, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

The Bengals have signed first-round pick Andre Smith in a deal that could be as much as $42 million and the Alabama right tackle is expected to be on the field in Sunday's 3 p.m. practice at Paul Brown Stadium. Smith, the sixth pick in the draft, is the next-to-last draft choice to sign in the NFL, ending a 30-day standoff that began at the Bengals' first practice on July 31 at Georgetown College. The club didn't release terms.

Source: Bengals.com

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

THis guy is gonna get his butt handed to him all season long. I'm sure chunky hasn't been getting in shape during the holdout.

And up to $42,000,000?? Crap is OUT OF CONTROL.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is a really team friendly deal, its not 42 guaranteed.....smith caved, he must have needed the cash cause i dont think hes even gonna end up with what DHB or monroe got

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

good deal for the bengals. it's ashame it's for andre smith.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So this only leaves Crabtree?

Lord_Joe was wrong...

Edit: Lord_Joe may not have been wrong after all...

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

finally got that deal done that leaves crabtree standing alone

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The end of what is possibly one of the worst offseasons for an unsigned player in recent NFL History.

8. K Train

hes so out of shape, this is him as pure manbeast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is him as fat piece of crap.....50 pounds heavier

[​IMG]

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Damn. He's is far from in shape. It's gonna be a tough couple of months for him. But, screw him he deserves all the pain he has to go though to get in football shape.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Has Chad been tweeting from inside his stomach?

He looks like he ate him.

:icon_eek:

11. K Train

he really let himself go in the most important offseason of his life

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yea, that shows dedication huh K Train?

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

WOW LOL

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

you people must not have seen him before, that is the best shape he's been in years lol

15. K Train

no way....hes blown up over the last few months. the combine man boobs moments he was just squishy, now hes one solid blob of fat.

he'll make a good guard with his lower body strength and massive girth lol

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

lol, you know me better than that K, I was screwing around, He's so big, I heard the bengals were looking to get a discount by playing him at guard and tackle at the same time, he's the first human double team.

1 person likes this.
  17. K Train

It is a four-year deal worth $26 million with $21 million guaranteed. The Bengals have an option after the 2010 season that would push the deal $42 million over six years with the maximum worth $50 million.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Stupid amount guaranteed but at least they have a get out clause. I would be surprise if he reaches the level to justify enacting that option.

Also, where would he play? He looks too "big" and be able to cope with the nimple, speed pass rushers that litter the league on the edge.

19. K Train

he as slated to play RT when collins is getting raped at right now, but in his shape hes a guard at best.....