Bengals LB Rey Maualuga Thankful For Second Chance, Welcomes James Harrison

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Apr 30, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rey Maualuga was one of the most unpopular players on the Bengals roster. He was rated by Pro Football Focus as the league's worst 4-3 inside linebacker and was picked on over and over again by the Texans in the team's playoff loss to the Texans.

The Bengals re-signed Maualuga to a two-year deal worth $6.5 million and since they haven't necessarily signed a new middle linebacker, most believe that he's the favorite to start at MIKE in 2013. Maualuga knows he struggled last year and he's thankful for the second chance given to him by the Bengals.

"Although they signed me back, it's still early on. I've still got to go out in OTAs and show our coaches that I'm better than I was last year, better than my previous four years here," Maualuga said. "I had a lot to think about this offseason. I understand what I need to work on. I understand what my role is coming in. I just want to make sure that since I've been given this second chance to work on the things that need work and try to make sure I'm a better person than I was last year."

Source: SBNation.com