Bengals RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis Eager To Work With Hue Jackson

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bengals running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis put together a career-year with Jim Anderson as his position coach. Now with his retirement, Green-Ellis is looking forward to see what Hue Jackson can do.

One of the parting gifts from former Cincinnati Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson to BenJarvus Green-Ellis, was a midseason adjustment that corresponded with an offensive line dominating the opposing defense, writes Joe Reedy with the Cincinnati Enquirer.

“The biggest thing Coach Anderson kept telling me was to trust my eyes and what I see and being able to deviate from what was planned. He helped me out a lot, especially when things weren’t going well. His retirement caught me by a shock. I asked him earlier in the season what his plans were and he wasn’t quite sure.â€￾

Green-Ellis achieved several career highs with Anderson, including yards rushing (1,094), carries (278), receptions (22), 20-plus yard runs (7), 40-plus yard runs (2) and 100-yard performances (4) in a season.

With Hue Jackson running the gauntlet of coaching positions from wide receivers, quarterbacks and the secondary, the team's newest running backs coach immediately reached out to Green-Ellis following his new gig.

“I’m happy for Hue and eager to see what type of things he brings to the run game. I’ve talked to him and am excited about the upcoming season,â€￾ Green-Ellis said.

Source: SBNation.com