Best Elite NFL Reporter

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by theeraser21, Sep 19, 2009.

?

Who's the Best???

1. Aaron Wilson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mike Florio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Brad Biggs

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Michael Lombardi

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Jason La Canfora

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Chris Mortenson

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. Adam Scheftler

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  8. Other

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

In my opinion there are the elite NFL reporters in the NFL right now. Who do you think is the best and why. I picked these journalists for their overall ability and accuracy in breaking NFL news.

Candidates

Adam Scheftler ESPN Recently joined ESPN after being ousted at NFL Network. Constantly breaks signings and player workouts
    Chris Mortenson ESPN Had a down year last year. I personally don't like him. Reported a bunch of BS last year, but it is hard to ignore him. He did a solid job reporting the UFL draft.
    Mike Florio Pro Football Talk Criticized constantly. Made famous by the Michael Vick saga. Breaks news daily, but is not always active.
    Aaron Wilson Carroll County Times and National Football Post Worked for PFT, but when PFT switched to NBC he got a job with the NFP. Has done a much better job since then.
    Brad Biggs Chicago Sun-Times and National Football Post Pretty much does the same thing as Wilson
    Jason La Canfora NFL.com No-namer until he joined NFLN. Now he has a blog full of content that he updates sometimes.
    Michael Lombardi National Football Post Pretty much created NFP. Used to do a lot more reporting before Biggs and Wilson. Kinda like Florio without the cheesy jokes

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

No Jay Glazer?

3. theeraser21

Even though I hate ESPN my vote goes to Scheftler. I think scheftler is the only person at ESPN who can consistantly break NFL news. ESPN was becoming a joke before scheftler came.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

He hasent broken much news as of late, but i think he broke the Matthew Stafford 1st overall pick, and he was in the Favre saga last year....

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Schefter. Glazer should be in the mix...

5. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Lombardi just cuz he is funny looking lol

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Elite? Elite And NFL Reporter don't belong in the same sentence.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Scheftler

8. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I think Adam Schefter is the best one out there right now. He seems to have great sources to break news quickly and is pretty accurate.

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Schefter breaks the best news stories but his game break downs leave alot to be desired. La Canfora is a joke.

10. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Adam kicks all their asses. I do like Aaron as he is a Raven Insider and have followed him since his start here. I believe Aaron covered the Jags or the Panthers before the Ravens.

11. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Glazer for big news, Schefter for day to day news.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Hmmm...

Aaron Wilson - He gets a vote for quantity. He's been pumping out stories over at NFP. Problem is that he doesn't break many big stories.

Adam Schefter - He was my favorite until he went to the Dark Side (aka ESPN). Now I have to endure the rest of the talking heads to get to his news.

Brad Biggs - He's Aaron Wilson with less quantity.

Chris Mortensen - The man lost it years ago. He now "breaks" stories and then ends up botching them in an effort to break stories. Time for him to move over for Schefter to be the #1 guy on ESPN.

Jason LaCanfora - Meh....NFL Network could have done so much better. He leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Hell....Steve Wyche is better than him I think.

Jay Glazer - The man is a scoop machine for major stories. How pissed must have ESPN been when they were pretty much covering Favre 24/7 only to have Glazer break the story that Favre was indeed returning? The man is connected with players all over.

Mike Florio - I am a Florio fan. He was at his best with the whole Michael Vick saga. He is the guy to go to whenever any legal issues are going on.

Michael Lombardi - I could live without him. I'd put Washington Post's Mark Maske over him.

I am surprised that Glazer and Peter King were not included in the list. If I had to choose one I'd go with Schefter but right now being on ESPN is flat out painful. Problem is NFL Network's morning NFL show is growing to be just as painful with Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin.

14. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I think Peter King is a butcher

15. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Adam Schefter

16. theeraser21

Peter King would not be on my list. Glazer has not done much work recently, but I swould prob put him over La Canfora if I did it again....

17. wide right

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Why aren't the GIF reporters on the list?

They post news as it happens live during games.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

why was adman ousterd at NFL N

20. wide right

contract expired. the wwl ponied up the $$$.