Big Blue's 2011 NFL Mock Draft V2.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 25, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

First Round:

1.) [​IMG]: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri (Previous selection: Same)

2.) [​IMG]: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama (Previous selection: Same)

3.) [​IMG]: Von Miller, OLB, Texas Tech
    (Previous selection: Same)

4.) [​IMG]: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama (Previous selection: Same)

5.) [​IMG]: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU (Previous selection: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn)

6.) [​IMG]: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn (Previous selection: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia)

7.) [​IMG]: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina (Previous selection: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU)

8.) [​IMG]: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    (Previous selection: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson)

9.) [​IMG]: Tyron Smith, OT, USC

10.) [​IMG]: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    (Previous selection: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina)

11.) [​IMG]: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson (Previous selection: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska)

12.) [​IMG]: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    (Previous selection: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn)

13.) [​IMG]: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

14.) [​IMG]: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska (Previous selection: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

15.) [​IMG]: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama (Previous selection: Same)

16.) [​IMG]: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue (Previous selection: Cameron Jordan, DE, California)

17.) [​IMG]: Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri (From Oakland) (Previous selection: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue)

18.) [​IMG]: Cameron Jordan, DE, California (Previous selection: Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri)

19.) [​IMG]: Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
    (Previous selection: Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois)

20.) [​IMG]: Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia (Previous selection: Same)

21.) [​IMG]: Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College (Previous section: Same)

22.) [​IMG]: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

23.) [​IMG]: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    (Previous selection: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (FL))

24.) [​IMG]: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple (Previous selection: Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois)

25.) [​IMG]: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State (Previous selection: Jake Locker, QB, Washington)

26.) [​IMG]: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    (Previous selection: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt)

27.) [​IMG]: Allen Bailey, DE, Miami (FL)
    (Previous selection: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa)

28.) [​IMG]: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
    (Previous selection: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (FL))

29.) [​IMG]: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

30.) [​IMG]: Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
    (Previous selection: Aaron Williams, DB, Texas)

31.) [​IMG]: Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
    (Previous selection: Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida)

32.) [​IMG]: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (FL)
    (Previous selection: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin)

2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I dont think Allen Bailey sniffs the 1st round but this is a very good mock

3. The Falcons have been enamored with him lately and I feel Clayborn's Erb’s palsy condition may cause him to slip to the late first-early second round.

Bailey is one of the more gifted pass rushers in this draft along with Bowers and Houston in terms of pure athletic ability. Bailey at #27 is plausiable imo.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

No second round? Nah joking, nice draft dude.

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I like Bailey, but i think at this point he's more potential then substance. I think his value is more late 2nd early 3rd because he has shown he's really a pass rusher, his moves or technique dont say that and he wont overpower in the NFL. With all that said all it takes is one team.

6. I decided to hold off on rounds 2-3 until my V3.0 mock.

Thanks. :icon_cool:

7. I just can't see the Titans taking Newton.

I don't think DT is a big need after the signing of Shaun Rogers for the Saints.

Allen Bailey is not a 1st rd. pick. I don't think he is the Falcons kind of player.

FWIW I think the Falcons are looking at his teammate Leonard Hankerson not Bailey.

very very good mock.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Unlikely that the Steelers take an inside backer at 31...it's possible if he's the best player on their board at the time, but unlikely.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would murder an enitre village if we past on Bowers for Smith.........and I really like Smith

10. The smart money is still Smith imo when the Cowboys are OTC.

Smith reminds me a lot of D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Both are freakishly athletic tackles with long arms (Smith's measures in at 36 1/2) and are both franchise type left tackles. As in the case with Smith, Ferguson had issues with strength when he entered the draft in 2006.

But he improved in that aspect and became imo a Top 5 LT in the NFL. Smith has that exact same ability and is the only tackle in this class I would seriously consider taking in the Top 10.

I wouldn't invest a whole lot in Doug Free being the long-term answer as Tony Romo's blindside protector.

11. Jihad Joe

I love Free as a LT, I thought he played a shade below Pro Bowl level last year. I think the FO feels the same way.

Smith however, long term has the potential to be a true top 5 LT, but thats gonna take a few years. His home for the next couple season's will be at RT, and Im fine with that

However, if a Bowers is there at #9, I wouldnt take what Smith will give us over what Bowers would give us. IMO no one in this draft gives our defense more flexability then Bowers. And thats important to run a multiple front defense

12. The beauty part is that you don't have to plug in Smith at LT right away because of Doug Free.

Start Smith right away at right tackle then ease him over to the left side in 2012 and kick Free over to right tackle. Both Smith and Free have played right tackle so it wouldn't be a tough transition for either.

But I believe Smith has legit All-Pro, Pro Bowl ability as a left tackle and could be their best player at the position since Erik Williams.

No knock on Flozell Adams.....he just never was an elite player at the position but he was good for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
  13. Jihad Joe

Right now I would say Smith seems the most likely pick. My only concern is that he will probobly struggle with some power rushers as a rook. I can see Fewell lining Tuck up over him. But all in all I think he'll be an outstatnding pass protector on the right side as a rook. Cowboy fans are in love with Carimi, and while he is good, we are a passing team, and Smith will be a way better pro pass protector then Carimi

Wes Bunting seems to think Smith can carry 320 lbs without losing athletism

14. Carimi is more of a right tackle only in the NFL.

He could be a "David Diehl" type left tackle and can be very serviceable but will always have trouble handling speed rushers. He'd be quite a reach at #9. I would never spend a Top 10 pick on a right tackle unless he can also be a very good left tackle.

Smith is about 307 right now. I think he could get to 315 with ease. 320? Maybe. Not entirely sure about that yet. Smith was about 290 a few months ago.

If he adds the pounds moderately......I think 320 may not be a problem. 320 is around the prototypical weight for NFL left tackles.

15. You can certainly expect Perry challenging Smith this year.....you might see JPP lined up at left as well with Tuck at DT on some plays.

16. Jihad Joe

I think Smith did that for the combine to show he could carry it. I would like to see him around 295 as a rookie. 300 max

I liken Carimi to Jeff Backus. Elite RT, but as a LT would be the guy you want to replace every year

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

And Brick would be mediocre at best without mangold. Cowboys don't have mangold. They won't pass on Bowers for smith. They like Smith, but he is down on the chart. Bengals are taking a QB and it is probably going to be Gabbert with Cam going #1 (lock it in). Green is going to be drafted before Jones. Not having Jimmy Smith in the first round is a travesty and I think if he is there, then Eagles would 100% take him.

18. Jihad Joe

Alot of talk about Smith possibly skyrocket during his pro day, or vistits, or whatever he has coming

Right now I would assume he is top 15 (12-15), but I could see him jumping

I agree wholeheartedly on Bowers, and Ill add Fairley and mabey even Prince to that (I think they want to cut Newman)

I got Smith #6 on my list of targets

19. Offensive tackle is still their top priority and I truly feel they would wholeheartedly take him even if Bowers is still on the board. This is a very, very deep class of defensive ends and they could nab one with their second round pick.

Smith has the potential to became a Pro Bowl caliber player if developed correctly.

Julio Jones is more of a complete package at wide receiver than Green and his awesome combine workouts have him as my top rated receiver. Jones can stretch the field vertically and can rack up yards after the catch. Jones is also a better blocker than Green which may entice Marvin Lewis.

The Bengals have Jones rated ahead of Green on their preliminary draft board.

I made this mock before Adam Schefter came out with the news that he's getting the sense that it'll be Newton that be the No. 1 pick after having the same feeling about Gabbert last week. Big mistake on Carolina's part.

I had Jimmy Smith out of the first round because of character issues......same with Ryan Mallett. Some teams have already removed Smith from their draft boards. If the Eagles were to go CB.....I would have them take Brandon Harris from Miami. I had him going to the Eagles in my first mock.

The Eagles have a need at the right tackle spot and Carimi fits the bill of a right tackle.

20. My second bold guarantee:

Julio Jones will be the first WR off the board.