Big Blue's 2011 NFL Mock Draft V3.0 (Three Round Mock)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 18, 2011.

1. I don't think Jim Harbaugh would hesitate taking the best pure QB in this draft at No. 7.

I could see him fall in the actual draft.

2. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

The thing is IMO there isn't that big of a drop off to grab a QB that early then in the late first.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I do. There's better value later.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Gabbert is my 5th rated QB...and i honesly think he should be lower.

i have no doubt he will go first round, possibly top 5....but imo hes a 3rd round prospect and should probably cage fight cam newton to be president of the andrew luck fa club

5. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

The thing with Harbaugh he's a QB Guru and the is better value later.

6. Gabbert at one time was considered to be the No. 1 overall pick.

If I were the Panthers......I would take him over Newton 100 times out of 100. He's more polished and a safer pick than Newton. No off-field baggage.

There are knocks on Gabbert's ability to effectively throw down-field but there is always something for scouts to pick at. I believe that can be coached.

There were knocks on Sam Bradford before his shoulder injury. People wondered if he could translate his game to the pro level after being in a pass happy system at Oklahoma. Gabbert's pro day was on par with Bradford's and better than Matt Ryan's.

The 49ers may have other issues to address but Harbaugh at the very least would explore Gabbert should he fall to No. 7. Because if the 49ers don't take him.....the Titans very well might.

The 49ers could always get a CB or a pass rusher later in the draft. I mocked Ras-I Dowling to the niners at No. 45. And with the run on the second-tier QB's.....if the 49ers have the chance to take one as soon as possible....it would be foolish to pass one up.

Harbaugh does have a connection with Gabbert.....he tried to recruit him to Stanford in 2008.

7. K Train

comparing gabbert to bradford wont win me over, i hated bradford way more than i do gabbert and once teams forced bradford to throw more than 7 yards down field he wasnt exactly playing like his rookie of the year title would suggest. i think rams will be disappointed in bradford this year personally.

gabbert could very well go #1, i wouldnt take either one of them in the top 15, to me newton is a top 20 guy and gabbert is a top 40 guy just based on the position he plays.

imo gabbert has been pimped way to much and locker has been way overanalyzed.

same thing happened with the OTs a few years ago...jason smith was pimped as the next big thing and oher was just dismantled by media and the scouts

locker, mallet, newton, ponder > Gabbert at this point imo, i have no doubt he'll be over drafted but i cant wait to see him fail

i would also like to say you did a good job, its not your opinon of gabbert i have a problem with, its most of the universes sudden opinion of gabbert i have a problem with

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  8. those rankings are definitely unique.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  9. the difference is at Oklahoma, while they ran a spread, it had alot of pro style stuff thrown in there. Also, Bradford ran a pro style offense his 1st year as a starter.

10. K Train

i just really dont think gabbert has that much to offer a team

11. depends on the team to me. He is accurate in the short passing game and mobile. Dude is also incredibly smart having almost a photographic memory.

12. K Train

i guess....although if i want a accurate short passer and a smart dude, ill take ponder personally

13. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

I don't see NE taking a WR that high, especially when the oline needs to be addressed and a lot of quality linemen still available.

14. yeah I'm with you in that belief. I really don't think a QB is worth a top 10 pick in this draft. My only concern if I'm a team is if a bunch of teams trade into the 20's and no good qb's are left for round 2.