Biggest draft bust in NFL history?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by LebaneseFF, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

worst redskins draft choice in history is no doubt heath shuler! my son could throw a better spiral than he could,and he was 3 years away from being born when the skins drafted his sorry ass!

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers 2008 Draft Class individually and as a whole ranks up there for Pittsburgh. Huey Richardson, Jamain Stephens, Troy Edwards, about 6 DL taken in the 80's with a first round pick. Passing on Dan Marino for Gabe Rivera...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I forgot Walter Abercrombie...lol.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Tyson Jackson is a good player and nowhere near the biggest bust of all time. Its not his fault the Chiefs took a run stuffing 5 Tech #3. Jackson was never projected as a pass rusher

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Is Jackson a free-agent this season? I think he took a huge pay cut if I remember correctly last season? Should be interesting to see where he lands and how he performs if put in the ideal situation...

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Surprised no one has mentioned Akili Smith

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I just don't see how these numbers translate into even a remotely good DE. I'll give you the sacks, even though 9 sacks in 5 years for a DE is putrid, but even as a run stuffer it's easy to see why he accepted a $10 million pay cut. that said, was he worthy of a #3 coming out of LSU? No. That's on the Chiefs.

[​IMG]
    Source: Profootballreference.com

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is a run stuffing 5 Tech. They dont get crap for numbers. Its there job to occupy blockers and keep the Olbs clean

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I knew he would suck in the pros. Back in the day when he was as LSU, there was an article online about him and Dwayne Bowe. Bowe was thinking about giving up football and Russell t0ld him to stick it out one more year then go pro, get a first round contract and be set for life. That right there told me that he didn't like football.

10. Buck Fenson

I am so damn old I remember all these folks when they got drafted.

Omen, Jihad Joe and DawkinsINT like this.
  11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Same here granted I was in middle school or highschool

12. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Blair Thomas #2 overall NY Jets 1990

David Klingler #6 overall Bengals 1992

Aundray Bruce #1 overall Falcons 1988

Rick Mirer #2 overall Seahawks 1993 (This guy is probably a double bust.The Bears were dumb enough to send a first round pick to Seattle in '97 for Mirer.)

Charles Rogers #2 overall Lions 2003

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Cowboys fans are soon going to put Maurice Clairborne on this list

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Forgot about him. So much hype at draft time and now he's invisible. Could have something to do with that great defensive scheme in Dallas.:tsk:

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Too soon man too soon.

16. Buck Fenson

Y'all recouped a 5th rounder from us for him. It is a tie between the monstrous horrible trade for Ricky Williams or the trade for Steve Walsh from the Cowboys for a 1st. 2nd, and a 3rd.

17. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I say JaMarcus Russell because the Raiders got nothing back from him. Leaf at least was so bad it allowed the Chargers to get LT 2.0. As for an older name what about Andre Ware who even had the same system he had in college and still completely face planted.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Ryan Leaf was in the same draft class as Peyton Manning. The Colts made the smart choice drafting Manning over Leaf.

JaMarcus Russell is another obvious choice. Are the Raiders still paying him by the way? LOL

Any WR (except for Calvin Johnson) drafted by the Lions when Matt Millen was the GM like Charles Rogers (Mr. 68 catches and 13 TDs) and Mike Williams (USC).

19. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Did you ever watch the thing ESPN did on Russell?? Lots of personal crap happened to him all at once and kind of brought him down. It happens to the best of people who have normal jobs so its understandable that it could happen to him

20. Buck Fenson

what I was saying was that he was in it for the money.