Bills RB Marshawn Lynch Suspended For First 3 Games

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by mike oxlong, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

ESPN is reporting that Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch has been suspended three games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. The report claims that Lynch will appeal the suspension. Lynch pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge in California stemming from a Feb. 11th arrest , and met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell three weeks ago to review the incident.

Source: WKBW-TV Buffalo

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

That sounds fair.

Now the Bills really need to sign another RB. Jackson still isn't signed and the 3rd stringer Omen ain't much of a prize.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

At least they got a little notice going into the draft...

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I can't even remember what he did. Seriously... Must not have been that bad. That's super weird... I know I could easily look it up. Wasn't it Gun Charges? Either way 3 games seems a bit stiff. Cause if I recall correctly it wasn't anything major.

5. mike oxlong

he pled to having a gun in a vehicle, but this suspension is more about the fact that it is his second charge in less than a year. He had a hit and run last june for which he had his license suspended, then he was caught in a car with a gun, reoccurring instances with the law will not be tolerated and will result in a suspension, hence this suspension.

6. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I thought they found some weed in that car too.

7. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

Of cousre they did.:crackhead:

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Offseason is too long. Those rich kids are bored and... screw it up.

9. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Hmm. He is gonna fall in the Fantasy Draft because of this. Now I have to guess how far?

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I can't believe how dumb these guys are man. I think Goodell dished out a fair punishment here. The NFL can't have it's players running around with guns, especially after Plaxico shooting himself.

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

They should join GIF. :p

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

pretty stiff penalty (3 games), but for goodell, it's not out of the ordinary.

13. mike oxlong

it could be reduced, goodell has been known to take off a game or two upon appeal.