Bills Reportedly Shopping WR/PR Roscoe Parrish

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by MediaGuy, Apr 9, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

With a glut of wide receivers and a 2008 first-round defensive back (Leodis McKelvin) who can return kicks on the roster, the Buffalo Bills are testing the waters for interest in Roscoe Parrish. According to a league source, the Bills are shopping Parrish, primarily as an exploratory measure. Parrish was a second-round pick in the 2005 draft, and he has appeared in 55 of a possible 64 career games.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have 4 Dried Kidney Beans I'd give for him...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i'm not sure what the bills think they're going to get here .........

4. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I hope we don't get rid of him. He's a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball, granted it's mostly on SP teams. I don't like the idea of our 2 starting corners returning kicks fulltime

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Why's that? Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean Parrish didn't lead the league in punt return average. :rolleyes:

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL Stats - Stats

6. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Agreed. This guy's a speed demon in space.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

would love him, we need a damn returner. i hate how they have parrish, mclovin and mgee who are all pro bowl caliber returners and we have carey davis and gary russell....our fat backs

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Come one now K...Russell almost broke two...

9. wide right

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand gernades. :pimp2:

Most teams don't have 1 legit returner. To have 3 is just rediculous. Because the other 2 are the starting CBs it makes sense to try and get something for Parrish as his time at WR will become next to nonexistant, probably the #4 or #5 WR.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was being more sarcastic than anything. THe Steelers kickoff return is horrendous and when Holmes isn't in there, the punt return isn't much better. I think they are finally realizing it...

I don't know what the Bills think they'll get for Parrish, but I can't see it being a lot...

11. wide right

Without a good return game you will never win the Super Bowl. Holmes is good.

The Bills drafted Parrish in the 2nd, why take a 5' 7" WR in the 2nd is beyond me, but they'll prolly be lucky to get a 3rd ro 4th rounder in return.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

To be a top PR, dangerous slot guy (FYI Mike Thomas is my favorite WR in the draft. I think he is like 5'8.5)

Parrish just never developed as a WR

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would give up Bobby Carpenter straight up for Parrish, sounds like a fair deal

He is about worthless to us in a blitz heavy 3-4 reliant on Conversion backers. He is more a 4-3 guy

In the end the Bills would probably win out in this as carpenter could thrive full time as a 4-3 OLB, but I wouldnt be at all upset about getting the top PR in the NFL for a backup LB

14. CaptainStubing

yes, i think they would be VERY lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for him but at this point they may take a 5th or 6th. how much money is he due to make this season?

15. wide right

A 5th or 6th seems a bit low for an elite punt returner. As a WR he's only usefull for reverses or the dump pass at the line of scrimage so that should lower his value but still worth more than a 5 or 6.

16. CaptainStubing

ok, well it looks like his contract doesn't look to be out of line so if the bills don't get a reasonable offer for him, he wouldn't be too much of a burden to keep around. he'll probably just end up staying with the bills.