BITB vs Jihad Joe: Eagles vs Cowboys Smack

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by ball in the baskett, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Well thats kind of true cant argue with that but if westbrook is healthy we are a top offense.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Obviously losing Westbrook would be a huge blow, but that isn't what you were talking about before. You gave no "if" scenario. Btw, in the two games that Westbrook missed the last two seasons, Buckhalter ran for over 100 yards in one, and in the other the offense scored 31 points.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

What Im saying is overall, what you guys have on offence is well below what other NFC East teams have, with the exeption of mabey Washington. You guys had some very good outputs last year, but there were also alot of games were the offence was completely bottled up. I just dont see the Eagles consistanly being able to move the ball, at least until they find a way to make Curtis the #2 WR

4. ball in the baskett

Our biggest problem on offense last year was redzone scoreing.

5. DawkinsINT

How are we well below the other teams in the NFC East when only the Cowboys finished ahead of us in yards per game? A healthy McNabb and LJ Smith will really make a huge difference in improving what we did last year.

If Jackson can be put in a position to spread the defense, and the addition of Booker's skills can be utilized, this offense could score a lot of points.

Those are "if"'s of course as I'm an optimistic offseason fan, but your original point of us being way behind the rest of the division doesn't hold water with me.

6. Jihad Joe

Stats are one thing, the problem with the Eagles offence is that they didnt perform when they needed too. Statisticly they are better than NY, but most of that falls on Eli. If Eli is on, the Giants offence is as good or better than Dallas's. They have the weapons to play with anyone in the NFL. There problem is Eli being Jeckle and Hyde. If McNabb can stay healthy and be consistant, LJ Smith can stay healthy and be consistent, Reggie Brown actually becomes a #1 WR, then they will lessen there reliance on Westbrook. Jackson is a great prospect, but he is a rookie, and may not be a #1 type anyway. If they can find a way to use him, that would be a boost, but he's not gonna give that offence what it really needs. Reliability and consistansy

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah i dont think stats tell the whole story...theres no way you look at the eagles offense as being a high powered one like it used to be, unless your baskett of course

8. ball in the baskett

With westbrook were a top offense without him were not as simple as that.

9. K Train

and that makes you feel good? you feel like relying on one player is the way to go and makes you a great team? great teams would have other options so their 5 ft 8 RB didnt have to carry their butt all the time

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Westbrook the next LJ?

11. DawkinsINT

I agree with some points and I disagree with others. Can you at least agree that you overstated that the Eagles offense is way behind the rest of the division? That's what bugged me.

12. ball in the baskett

I dident say that makes me feel good its just a fact. I would love to have a #1 receiver but we dont have one. Next season there are a couple of good receivers in free agency so maybe we get one next year. For now i feel confident in our offense but it can be better.

13. Jihad Joe

Ok, way behind may have been an overstatement, particlarly with the possibility the Skins will struggle with the WCO. But they have catching up to do to get with NY and Dallas talent wise

14. DawkinsINT

Stats don't tell all of the story, but when your QB isn't even 90% healthy and they still manage to be in the top ten of the league, it's not exactly a downer heading into the next season with him healthier.

15. K Train

i wouldnt say way behind, but its definitely behind. what you see with the eagles is what you get, theres not really much potential there, you know you gotta focus on shutting down westbrook and the lions and jets know they gotta cover the little white guy. dallas has a high powered offense, the skins have alot of upside now and the giants have a legit attack that might not be much better than the eagles but its more well rounded imo

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

how are the Giants more well rounded, that is a laugher.

The skins lose their be DE rookie and get an aging one, that has shown that he cannot rush from the line anymore. With pretty much nothing at DT, I don't care who their DE/LB's are, they aren't getting pressure.

The redskins are implementing a brand new offense that is particularly difficult for QB's and WR's to learn.

Eli didn't win the superbowl, he just didn't lose it. Tyree drops that pass 99/100 times. Eli will return to medicore play.

Eagles and Cowboys will hash it out for the division. Giants are overrated and the defense cannot carry them through a playoffs again.

I would be worried about the skins if I thought they had a organization capable of developing players at all. Too bad snyder and vinny c only care about themselves. As long as these lunatics are in charge, they will never worry me at all.

17. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

People underrate this offense so much because of the mere fact that we don't have a #1 receiver. And I love the argument that Westbrook is our entire offense. This offense has always spread the ball around with McNabb at the helm. McNabb knows how to find other receivers and exploit the defense focusing on Westbrook.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

definitely burnout,

Taylor hasn't been able to rush from the line effectively for some time, I am now reading that the Skins have been running a modified cover 2, which will further reduce Taylor's effectiveness.

Being that it will take at least a couple years before the WCO can sink in, Taylor will obviously not be around for any culmination of that. Why give up draft picks (future of the team) for a player that doesn't really do much for the immediate future.

Sounds like more future mismanagement by the twin morons, vinny c and danny s.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

the only issue the eagles had offensively was the in redzone but in an off year with two key injuries the team still finished top 10 in yrds at top 20 in points. (ZOMG HE USED STATS !) :moe:

while there are a lot of "ifs" the potential is there and regardless of how much teams try to focus on westbrook they will fail to stop him more than they won't and this offense is going to rack up a ton of yards and points.

20. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I agree with what you say on the Eli and Tyree thing except for the mediocre play. You don't make an instant change like that play against the best team twice almost beat them once and beat them the other time. I realize the defense won the SB for them I'm not arguing that. But Eli did not choke on the last drive for the Giants to put them ahead 17-14. It helps that Burress is 6'5" but you have to chalk that one up to Eli for not throwing an interception for Tyree making an amazing play.

As for the Giants defense not being able to carry us again. The only thing we did was revamp our roster with some younger guys lol. Younger and more athletic guys who can always learn from our experienced guys For our Safeties Sammy Knight, For our CB's Sam Madison, he should really just be our DB's coach like he was in the playoffs that's the only reason we won, For our LB's Antonio Pierce one of our best defensive players, For our DL Osi Umenyiora, a guy who learned from a Hall of Famers. Having Strahan leave was only a blow to the emotional department of our defense which is a large part but I'm sure Umenyiora can step in an refill that spot. Justin Tuck is a force to be reckoned with an until someone learns how to consistently stop him whether it be double teaming or focusing on his side. Then you've got Umenyiora on the other side. Pierce up the middle and Cofield showed he can get penetration up the middle as well.

Back on the offensive side of the ball. Oh yeah I know Eli will return to form of throwing 5 interceptions a game. What was everyone saying about him throughout the playoffs. He's overdue for a 5 pick game soon. What happened he stayed error-free throughout the playoffs minus the SB where Ellis Hobbs picked it off, off of a Steve Smith bobble which he should have caught so place the blame on Smith not Eli.

Jeremy Shockey coming back into the equation. Eli should command more respect now that he has the title of SB MVP and that they won the SB without him. I realize this won't shut up the U bred and fed Tight End. He only makes our game better though. I have a feeling now that people think he can be replaced by Kevin Boss he will shut up and show us that he can still play. He only makes our offense better skill-wise and emotionally better with his fiery attitude.

The Eagles are in contention to win the Division, the Cowboys are in contention to win the division, and the Giants are in the contention to win the divison. As always it's going to be 3 team playoff divison and they're going to battle it out to see who goes in what place.