Bobby Rainey

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Slater99, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Slater99

Slater99 2nd String Premium Member

What are your thoughts on Bobby Rainey ROS? Trying to improve my team at the RB position. Knile Davis is also available, but I'd have to drop Josh Gordon or someone else to get him.

Roster

QB Stafford
    WR C. Johnson
    WR Antonio Brown
    RB Reggie Bush
    TE Antonio Gates
    Flex W/R/T Pierre Garcon
    K Gostkowski
    DST Seattle

Bench Pierre Thomas
    Bench Bobby Rainey
    Bench Josh Gordon

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I hate to say, but you have to dump Gordon if you want Davis. He's going to be an RB1 going forward and you definitely need an upgrade. 10 week suspension is a lot, especially with only 3 bench spots.

Rainey could have value now, but there is a chance it could be a committee with Martin.

3. Slater99

Yeah, I have to drop Gordon at this point. Only 3 bench spots and he's out until week 12 at least. I have Seattle on a bye next week, so I need to drop someone at some point. So I'll drop him this week and grab someone else and then next week decide who to drop in order to grab a one week DST fill-in.

4. Greg Brosh

fyi, rainey looks like he's starting. take bush out and put rainey in. i still like garcon against the eagles secondary.

5. Slater99

Thanks Greg. My roster has been overhauled a little bit. Thinking about starting Knile Davis this weekend. Here's how I have it set up now. Let me know what you think.

Roster

QB Stafford
    WR C. Johnson
    WR Antonio Brown
    RB Knile Davis
    TE Antonio Gates
    Flex W/R/T Pierre Garcon
    K Gostkowski
    DST Seattle

Bench Reggie Bush
    Bench Bobby Rainey
    Bench Stevan Ridley

6. Slater99

Just saw that Charles was back at practice. Unreal! With a high ankle sprain. Whatever.

So maybe I should go with Rainey tonight then.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not looking good so far...

8. Slater99

It's a bloodbath!

9. Greg Brosh

It'd be stupid to play Charles when they can get through one game with Davis. If Davis doesn't play, I would take a shot with Ridley. What sucks is the Chiefs game is later, so we'll have to see Sunday morning.

10. Slater99

I started Rainey and we only start one running back. I can flex a back, but I think I'm going to flex Garcon over Davis or Ridley. Thoughts?

11. Greg Brosh

Unfortunately, since the Chiefs play late, you have no choice but to play Garcon. Charles is looking like a game time decision.

I wouldn't have played Ridley over Garcon.

12. Slater99

I'm in a tough spot because I have to drop one of the three (Rainey, Davis, Ridley) in order to pick up a DST for week 4 since the Seahawks are on a bye. Our league is moronic with only 3 bench spots.

13. Greg Brosh

since rainey didn't show me he is good enough to start, i would drop him and hope you get at least one start with davis (charles is a game time decision.