Brian Urlacher: Whinebacker Is Out Of Line

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Apr 13, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Whinebacker is out of line
    In tough economic times, Urlacher's stance won't generate any sympathy

BY GREG COUCH Sun-Times Columnist

2. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Greg Couch needs to shut his trap. :dunce:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Urlacher is a f*g...just shut up and play.

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

That's it, blame the writer of the story. This is one of those things that just makes your skin crawl about professional sports. None of these guys value the word "contract" anymore. I thought Urlacher was a team guy and above bullcrap like this...I was obviously wrong.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I've heard a story from a buddy of mine that went to Bears training camp one year, he approached Urlacher for an autograph. Urlacher did give him an autograph BUT wrote a line after actually the first two letters of his first and last name, what an butt. So this crap with him wanting a better deal doesn't suprise me too much at all.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

He just wants a better deal because Harris and Briggs are getting paid. He's the dope that signed the contract...

I hate this crap...it's really strating to get old.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Jerry Angelo resigned Briggs for cheaper then what I thought it would take. Last time I heard about Tommie Harris is that contract talks broke off on both sides but are willing to resume talks in the future. I just find it hilarious when a pro athlete signs a contract then isn't happy with it later on. Contract talks with Briggs actually started when he had one year left on his rookie deal, the same with Tommie Harris. Urlacher has four years left on his current deal, he can wait his turn.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could understand if he had one year left...that's a little more understandable to me. Not right, but I get it. Four more years left? Come on...that's a little ridiculous...he's got to play atleast two more years...

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

They should call his bluff....if he wants to sit, let him sit and rot before I'd give him a new deal.

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

He can talk whatever he wants. :dunce:

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Why, are NFL players complaining about how much money they get paid. You're playing a sport your love for a living, deal with it.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

It's not like it's uncommon. Four years left on your contract is uncalled for though.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

ha, another nfl player crying like a baby when the signing bonus runs out.

well brian maybe you shouldn't have been running around wasting your money on the every skank ho to hit the tabloids.

btw - who is his agent ?

14. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

I say pay the man...heck me Briggs got away with it...:icon_eek:

15. DaBearsrule4ever

And how many years did Briggs have left on his contract after the 2005 season which happened to be the first time an extension was talked about?

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

team spirit is a thing of the past in sports.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

far far in the past...

18. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

IMO Urlac seen that they paid Briggs what he wanted now he wants some...

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

too freaking bad. the ink is barely dry on his existing deal. i didn't hear him snitching when he got his signing bonus.

20. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Love of the game went out the window years ago. People still have it, but the money is more important now. Honestly, if I hear another person say "I want 60 million instead of 45 million, because I deserve it." I'm going to go berserk.