Broncos Waive QB Kyle Orton

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by ravenfan52, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

The Kyle Orton era in Denver is officially over. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos have waived the 29-year old quarterback. With the emergence of Tim Tebow, and with the Broncos apparently satisfied with Brady Quinn as a backup, Orton was the odd man out. The $2.5 million remaining on his contract also likely played a factor. Orton's suitors could include the Texans or Chiefs, who have both lost their starters to injury. With Jay Cutler possibly out for the season, could a return to Chicago be possible? It sure would make for an interesting storyline.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Could possibly throw in Arizona as a destination as well.

3. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Possible, but I doubt they'd want to spend the money when their season is over and they might want to see what these two young qbs are made of and if kolb, whom they've already spent a big contract on, can recover and be their franchise qb.

4. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

They did him a favor. I can't imagine that he won't be starting for someone in the next couple of weeks.

5. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I hope Kyle Orton falls down some stairs.

1 person likes this.
  6. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Would be funny if KC picked him up and he went off on them when they meet... Chicago is on the schedule too.

Karma Babyes!

7. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

QB controversy in Chicago? I hope so.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Kyle Orton back to Chicago...now that would be amusing. I think hes going to the Texans though.