Browns QB Brandon Weeden Says He 'Absolutely' Can Beat Out Any Competition

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden said this evening that he "absolutely" feels like he can beat out any competition that the team brings in this offseason.

"I expect to be the starter this season, absolutely," Weeden said, speaking before he made an appearance at the Cleveland Auto Show at the I-X Center.

Over the weekend at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Browns CEO Joe Banner said that the team is eager to see Weeden work with new head coach Rob Chudzinski and offensive coordinator Norv Turner.

"We're telling you that we see potential that we're going to try to work with it and see what it's going to develop into," Banner said. "Some of that is just going to come from how bad he wants it. So I think we'll know a lot more than we know now shortly."

As for whether or not he has the work ethic to take his game to the next level, Weeden said, "I worked may tail off last season."

Weeden said that because of restrictions under the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement, he has not seen the new playbook that coach Chudzinski and Turner will use. Weeden said he will be back in Cleveland on April 1 for the start of the Browns' offseason program.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer