Browns QB Colt McCoy To Start Vs Bears, QB Brandon Weeden To Sit

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets New Member

Starting quarterback Brandon Weeden won’t play in the Browns’ preseason finale Thursday night against the Chicago Bears, coach Pat Shurmur said this afternoon during his post-practice news conference. Colt McCoy will start, and fellow quarterbacks Seneca Wallace and Thaddeus Lewis also will play, Shurmur said.

The competition between McCoy and Wallace for the No. 2 quarterback job is still up in the air, Shurmur said.

“I think as they’re out there playing, we’re gathering information about whether they’re gonna be a member of the 53[-man roster],†he said.

The preseason finale could have served as one final tune-up for Weeden. Shurmur, however, is confident Weeden is ready for the Sept. 9 regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

“I think he’s very prepared,†Shurmur said. “I think he’s had an outstanding camp. I thought he had an outstanding offseason and really he’s kind of improved every day. So for a guy that’s going through this for the first time as a pro, I think he’s very ready.â€

Source: Ohio.com
  2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

showcase game
  3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

This is some Fox News level bullcrap right here.
    Fact check: "In five quarters and 18 possessions, he has completed 24 of 49 attempts (49 percent) with no touchdowns and one interception for a 59.7 passer rating. He has been sacked four times and lost three fumbles."