Browns QB Colt McCoy To Start Vs Bears, QB Brandon Weeden To Sit

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Starting quarterback Brandon Weeden won’t play in the Browns’ preseason finale Thursday night against the Chicago Bears, coach Pat Shurmur said this afternoon during his post-practice news conference. Colt McCoy will start, and fellow quarterbacks Seneca Wallace and Thaddeus Lewis also will play, Shurmur said.

The competition between McCoy and Wallace for the No. 2 quarterback job is still up in the air, Shurmur said.

“I think as they’re out there playing, we’re gathering information about whether they’re gonna be a member of the 53[-man roster],†he said.

The preseason finale could have served as one final tune-up for Weeden. Shurmur, however, is confident Weeden is ready for the Sept. 9 regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

“I think he’s very prepared,†Shurmur said. “I think he’s had an outstanding camp. I thought he had an outstanding offseason and really he’s kind of improved every day. So for a guy that’s going through this for the first time as a pro, I think he’s very ready.â€

Source: Ohio.com

2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

showcase game

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

This is some Fox News level bullcrap right here.
    Fact check: "In five quarters and 18 possessions, he has completed 24 of 49 attempts (49 percent) with no touchdowns and one interception for a 59.7 passer rating. He has been sacked four times and lost three fumbles."