Buccaneers Open To Trading QB Josh Freeman

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, Sep 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are open to trading Josh Freeman after sending the five-year veteran to the bench in favor of rookie Mike Glennon.

That feeling is mutual.

A source involved in the situation tells NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that Freeman would like to be traded to a place where he could play. This comes one week after the quarterback denied that he had requested a trade.

Although several teams are in need of a quarterback, our Freeman Trade Tracker reached the conclusion that there are too many factors working against a swap before the Oct. 29 deadline.

Source: NFL.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Well, he is not under contract for next season so whichever team trades for him will need to have a contract worked out to make it worth their while.

The bucs may not get many offers in this situation but if they just let him walk after the season they will Get nothing.

And it doesn't seem there are many teams right now that have glaring needs at qb so the number of suitors is small.

They may just end up releasing him actually

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The other issue is the 8.5 mil he gets this year. He's not a starter anywhere else aside from possibly the Jags. So don't think anyone wants to be on the hook for that much money for a backup

4. CaptainStubing

freeman may be better than anyone in jacksonville, minnesota, new york (jets), cleveland, st. louis, oakland, or buffalo.

problem for him is, some of those places are giving young qb's a try. some of them perceive their qb to be a franchise guy (even if they are not). and, he wouldn't be able to help them immediately because he will need to learn the offense. he is a free agent after this season. and, as icecold said, is making $8 mill this year.

i just don't see a ton of trade value for freeman at this very moment because of all of the above. they may just need to release him if they don't want him around their clubhouse anymore.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I really don't see them getting an offer for him. He'll be signed if released, but like alread stated, I don't think anybody wants him at that rate or in exchange for anything.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think I take Bradford over Freeman...meh...maybe not. I do like Freeman. He kind of reminds me of Roethlisberger.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

the best throw bradford makes is the incomplete kind, id defintiely take freeman

mike glennon is a mistake, he looks terrible WAY more than he looks good. Reminds me of charlie frye lol

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...Charlie frye.

9. axmickl

axmickl Rookie

I take it none of you that are taking Freeman over Bradford or who are reminded of Rothlesburg, have never seen Freeman play. The quicker he is out of tampa the happier all the fans will be. I would be happy to take almost any quarterback in the NFL for him.

10. CaptainStubing

well, your wish is coming true because freeman is done in tampa.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't get me wrong...Freeman's play isn't what reminds me of Roethlisberger. It was more his build and size...

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

^^^this. Freeman's got expectations that will never be realized. I don't even think he can command the league minimum for someone with his tenure.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Manuel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>›>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Freeman

Sent from my HTC Vivid

14. CaptainStubing

you are able to make a definitive comment like that when the kid has played 3 games in the league? wow, that's amazing. why aren't you the g.m. of an nfl franchise? :scratch:

we will see how he progresses (or regresses). i'm not ready to crown manuel yet but he has certainly started out well.

but it's a pointless debate at this time anyway. i wouldn't expect the bills or these other teams that are playing young, high draft picks to even consider freeman anyway. and that is the problem the bucs have.

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Manuel has played well and has upside. Freeman is just plain crap other then one good year

If Manuel craps the bed, then he basically became Freeman

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Bucs got freeman inactive today. they may release him instead of paying him his full salary this year.