Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman Talks With Greg Schiano

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by buccaneersonnie, May 17, 2013.

1. It's mid-May and the 2013-2014 NFL season is still months away. But on Friday morning, Bucs QB Josh Freeman was on with Tom Jones and Rick Stroud to talk about his QB camp for kids, his contract year, and his relationship with coach Greg Schiano. With the NFL Draft over and the Bucs selecting NC State QB Mike Glennon in the third round, questions sprung up about the safety of Freeman's job as the starter amidst all the other questions that had been circulating regarding the relationship between Freeman and Schiano.

"Actually I've spent quite a bit of time in coach Schiano's office," Freeman said while on the Sports Page with Tom and Rick Friday morning. "Just getting to know him better and talking about aspirations, what we're trying to do with this team. I actually feel like my relationship with coach Schiano is probably the best of any coach."

After a 2012-2013 season that saw the Bucs offense become a formidable presence in just about every game after the additions of Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks, and rookie running back Doug Martin, the Bucs still fell short of the playoffs, finishing with a 7-9 record and in a tie for last place in the NFC South. With offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan staying in Tampa for a second-straight year, it finally gives Freeman and the rest of the offensive weapons some stability to mesh with an offensive scheme that saw them finish in the top-10 in all the NFL last year in total yards.