Buccaneers Unveil Enhanced Logo, Helmet, Uniforms

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by 86WARD, Feb 20, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Bucs Unveil Enhanced Logo and Helmet

The flag still flies over Tampa Bay, bigger and bolder than ever.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a new-look logo and helmet – unveiled on NFL Network on Thursday night by Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and Hall of Fame Buccaneer Warren Sapp – and they enhanced everything Tampa Bay fans have come to love about the team’s hard-hitting look. The Buccaneer red of the flag is more vivid, the pewter of the helmet more distinctive, the skull-and-crossed-swords even more intimidating than before and – most strikingly, the logos on the helmet are much larger.

The Buccaneers’ new helmet will also feature a chrome facemask that is unique to professional football. It’s the first update of Tampa Bay’s look since the red-and-pewter uniforms replaced the original orange-and-white combination 17 years ago. The reveal on Thursday of the enhanced logo and helmet are a preview of a full uniform re-design that will be revealed on March 5 and put into action during the 2014 season.

"This is an exciting day for the entire Buccaneers organization as we begin the process of introducing our new look by revealing an enhanced logo and new helmet design,” said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Edward Glazer. “The logo is much larger and portrays a more intimidating presence, while the chrome facemask is the first used by an NFL team. This is the first alteration to our logo and helmet since the previous re-design 17 years ago and we believe it sets the stage for our transition into this new, exciting era of Buccaneers football."

The new logo still features the team’s iconic, windswept red battle flag, while sporting a more menacing skull positioned over crossed swords and an orange football. The helmet retains its trademark pewter color and includes a larger logo on each side along with the revolutionary new chrome facemask. Also unique to the Buccaneers’ look will be a hand-painted shading technique that uses a darker pewter color running vertically from the front of the helmet to the crown and along the ear-holes, providing a one-of-a-kind custom look.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/arti...d-Helmet/744d6357-fe9f-4ecd-bda4-2dc05ff0f2d3

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

terrible

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I could do without the chrome mask but dont hate the larger logo. Could be a lot worse. Hopefully they dont fuk off the unis too badly, Ive always like the pewter/red kits. Much better than the Jags and Hawks so far, as far as the first iterations of the "new" Nike influenced designs go.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they do not look as bad as the seahawks and jags do,but they would look a lot better with a different color face mask like wally said!

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I like it alot.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

guess they are making a huge change. New staff and some front office people. New coach and now a new design. Hope it works out for them.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The flag kills it and not in a good way. Don't dig it. At all

9. Buck Fenson

anything that detracts from that organization I am all in favor for.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Pretty sure this will be the beginning of an "enlarged helmet logo" trend leaguewide.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Probably mostly sporting matte base colors.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Eh, it's ok, I guess.

13. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Why are the making such a big deal out of minor changes. Carolina did the same thing last year. Ooh the Panther looks fiercer. Seriously.

14. Buck Fenson

but they did have a good year. Maybe it is the helmet. In the 80's it was the shoes and now it is the helmet.

15. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That can't possibly be real...

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i feel bad for the 3 bucs fans the world has

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think they look cool. but they're not really "nfl jerseys."

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think the 80's Bucs unis are better...way better (and I hated them).