Bucs Rookie QB Mike Glennon Asks Russell Wilson For Advice

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by buccaneersonnie, May 5, 2013.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie QB Mike Glennon learned quite a bit from Russell Wilson during their time together at N.C. State. Now that Glennon is a fellow NFL quarterback, he says Wilson continues to dish out wisdom.

"I just wanted to pick (Wilson's) mind before I got (to Tampa) and hear how he handled things," Glennon said of a recent conversation with the Seattle Seahawks starter. "He's a man on a mission, and you can hear it in the way he talks. He just kind of told me to take it one day at a time and try to get better each and every day. Don't worry about the long run. If you just get better each and every day, eventually good things will happen. I think that was great advice."

As a rookie last summer, Wilson whom Glennon replaced at N.C. State after Wilson transferred to Wisconsin was a dark horse to win a starting job with the Seahawks. Glennon, too, joins a crowded quarterback room led by Josh Freeman, who went out of his way to welcome the rookie to Tampa. We'll see how long the goodwill endures. Glennon like Wilson a third-round draft pick isn't projected to wrest away the starting job from Freeman anytime soon, but for those of you who rapidly are tiring of the Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez debate in Florham Park, the quarterback duel in Tampa is worth monitoring.

That alone tells you where this is whole this with Glennon and the Bucs is going.