Buyer's remorse and some trade advice please

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Bigcat27, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Bigcat27

Bigcat27 EOT JAN 1 2020 Premium Member

Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been incredibly frustrated with Arian "My Entire Body is Made of Porcelain" Foster. Crappy thing for me is that I traded for him when he came off IR and luckily got a few good weeks out of him, helping me to 5-1 (and soon to be 6-1 in a few minutes) but I am hosed again.

My remaining RB's - Hillman, Spiller, Knile Davis.

Now, my league is really strange this year. Every year we have so much parity that really no one is out until the last few weeks of the year, which makes trading very difficult. This year, more than half of the league is sub .500, and most of these teams are so far out of the playoffs already that we've seen a slew of trading - and likely more to come.

With this in mind, who should I be targeting? I know for sure that the following are available:
    • Stewart
    • Randle
    • Forte
    • Hill
    • Shady
    • Both WAS RB's (bleh)
    • West
    • Blount and Lewis
    • Gore
    • The Duke
    One that I am maybe interested in is West, because that team also has Martellus Bennett and I could use a better TE (currently have Walker).

Thoughts?

2. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

Forte off that list so much of the offense goes through him.

West looked like he took over and the TE upgrade would be good.

I have like what duke has been doing that is why I own him, but most of it has been pass game so don't expect TD at the goal line.

Maybe shady but he has been hurt so you could end up with a nagging injury.

Randle is hurt McFadden took over think even if Randle is fine McFadden is th guy untill he gets hurt which could be tommorw when I feather hits him too hard.

I don't think Stewart is going to finish the season injury free we are all going to be clamoring of Payne by the end.

Same with Gore you have injury issues on the horizon.

Was and NE just stay out of that backfield.

Hill is in a timeshare with Gio that has been ruff as an owner.

Really it depends on what you give up for any of those guys on if I pull the trigger or not.

3. Samson

Maybe try and move palmer and hope Big Ben comes back this week. I am not a fan of having more than one QB on a roster it just ends up being a waste of space.

4. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Agree with the move a QB move. I think Forte should definitely be your top target as well. I'm curious why his owner is shopping him. West I'm still 50/50 on, but he looked alright this week. I'm staying FAR away from Randle and the Washington and New England RB situations - at least in trades.

5. Bigcat27

thanks guys. My league is essentially a 2 QB setup, since our FLEX position can be any offensive player, and the QB's generally have the best weekly upside. I am fully planning to shop one of my QB's as part of the deal because I don't need to carry three (Bortles, Palmer, Big Ben).

The owner is shopping Forte because he's way out of a playoff position and would have to pay max credits to retain him next year, and I think he's got other players that he'd rather spend his $$$ on to set up for next year.

I'll let you know what we come up with for an offer - I'm going to go after both the West/Bennett and Forte routes and see who comes back with a better counter.

6. Samson

Totally missed that it was a 2 QB league sorry about that.

7. Bigcat27

No prob - it's not officially a 2 QB league, and unless you can score two top 12 QB's it's not a guarantee. There's only a few of us in the league with that luxury - most only have one good one and then fill their flex with a good RB or WR.

8. Samson

If guys are unloading bc of your settings this soon definitely take advantage cause someone is going to and that owner will win this league end of story. Sounds like it is a firesale. Kinda sucks for the league, but it happens.

I drafted Jordy to IR for trade bait for owners that are rebuild mode late in the season. Actually I am about to try and trade him straight up for DEZ cause the guy that owns Dez has won only 1 game and that was against a guy with 3 empty slots on a by heavy week... he only won bye 3 points his team is terrible.

9. Bigcat27

Ok had another mgr contact me and Chris Johnson is in the mix now too. Thoughts? The Forte owner is pretty keen to deal and I could likely do it for roster players ((Bortles, Hillman, etc) and no picks. The CJ owner would likely want a pick and Bortles.

10. Bigcat27

LOL I was just playing this out in my head and I think I can get Forte AND Johnson for a 1st and some roster players. I just need to make sure that I play this right. I would lose Bortles and Hillman but would gain those two RB and maybe a WR too if I want to trade my 3rd for a 6th.