Can Adrian Peterson's Injury Help Vikings?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Rips Vikes, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

If Chester Taylor plays well while Peterson is out it can only help his trade value. My only question is, will the Vikings try to trade him during the offseason?

I'm looking for any good angle I can from AD's injury. :icon_sad:

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

it couldn't hurt if taylor plays well. IMO the vikes need to shut peterson down for the year.

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

who is to say peterson will be healthy enough to play well next year?

4. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

What makes you think he wouldn't be?

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i would assume he can play next year unless there's some updated news on this injury that says it's a complete acl tear.

6. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

It's the LCL and they expect it to heal without surgery so I highly doubt he misses much time. But that's neither here nor there, my question is about Chester's trade value.

Please stay on topic you damn 49ers fans :lol:

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's what i thought on peterson.

again i think this can only help taylor's trade value assuming he performs well.

8. happ

happ PECAVI

His injury CAN help them get a higher draft pick. That's about it.

9. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

if you are the vikings and you have your franchise player out you definetly dont want to rush him back.. especially since the vikings aren't competing for a superbowl this year... their best bet is to let adrian sit the season out so he doesn't get more banged up let taylor play and prove he still has something so another team wants him then look to add some talent around ap for next season

10. tigersucs

tigersucs nfl-fans refugee

It could help out depending on who is ahead of the Vikings in the draft and if they decide to try and trade up. If Taylor does well he could be added to any package to go higher. The only bad thing is that you have to take a higher salary cap hit on a higher draft pick.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So, anyone see the latest episode of "Most Smartest Model"?

12. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

The one team the Vikes are better than and there in my thread starting crap. Bring it on sucka's! :lol:

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

now why would want to trade chester from what i remember AD id injuty prone so what if next year he goes down agian who will carry the load