Cardinal’s QB Competition A Dead Even Race?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, May 17, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt told sports radio talk show host Jim Rome that he doesn’t know who his starting quarterback will be, and he’s as eager as anyone to see one of his quarterbacks establish himself as the starter. “I think the knee-jerk reaction would be to say that it is Kevin’s job to lose,†Whisenhunt said. “But then you have to look at what John Skelton did last year in winning those games when he was in there. So I think you have to give John a lot of credit for winning those games. I certainly have a lot of respect for Kevin and what he’s done in this league and we made the commitment to bring him in to our football team. So it’s going to start out as even as it possibly can, and we’re going to let the best player take it from there. We did that many years ago when we had Kurt Warner and Matt Leinart, and it worked out pretty good for us. So hopefully we’ll have that same kind of magic.†The undesirable situation that the Cardinals face is that the financial investment dollars suggest that Kevin Kolb should be the starter whereas last year’s performance slightly gives the edge to John Skelton.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors