Cardinals DE Calais Campbell ‘Hates 49ers With A Passion’

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Arizona Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell went on SiriusXM NFL Radio and proclaimed his hatred of the first-place 49ers, who visit the Cardinals on Monday night.

“I really felt like I could have had four sacks last week and I had zero,†Campbell said Tuesday. “So I’ve got to make up for that this week, especially going against the 49ers, who I really hate with a passion.

“I can’t wait to go out there and stick it to them. And Alex Smith I’ve gotten down a few times, so I know he’s thinking about me a little bit. So I can’t wait to get out there.â€

Co-host Tim Ryan, the 49ers’ preseason television analyst, then interrupted to spout: “Somebody told me they didn’t like you, either.â€

Campbell’s response: “Yeah, that’s the way it is, though. It’s cool. It’s the way it is. It’s a rival game. They’re not supposed to like me. I’m not supposed to like you. That’s what makes this game so special. I mean, off the field I don’t have nothing against anybody. But on that field come Monday night, it’s on and crackin’.â€

Source: Mercury News