Cardinals QB Carson Palmer Tore ACL, To Go On IR

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by ICECOLD, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The Arizona Cardinals will go the rest of the way without Carson Palmer.

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirmed Monday that Palmer tore his ACL in Sunday's win over theSt. Louis Rams. He will be placed on season-ending injured reserve, with the expectation that the veteran quarterback will be ready for the start of the 2015 season.

"He knows what he's in for, the long, tedious process of rehab," Arians said. "It's just a shame that it happened now, with this team."

Palmer suffered the non-contact injury while stepping up to avoid a Rams blitzer. It's the same ACL Palmer tore during a January 2006 playoff game with the Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...uce-arians-carson-palmer-tore-acl-to-go-on-ir

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Not looking for excuses with Stanton taking the snaps the rest of the way, but I do think Cards' fans like me would have a little more confidence in the final 7 games had Palmer been able to play. That said, Stanton did prove his medal earlier in the year with 3 good starts. He just needs to have the same confidence in himself that Arians does and cut down on the overthrows and throwing into heavy coverage. We do have a known quantity in Stanton and that is a very good thing.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I feel so bad for him. Everything was lined up so well for him to prove to be an upper echelon QB. No matter what happens with the Cards, he's going to have the "what could have been" thing torturing him forever.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's lucky he signed that extension last week!!

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Hearing him sound like a 34-year old kid recently with what's been going on I think he'd gladly take that extension and burn it if he could play right now. Surgery in a couple of weeks and then the rehab.:tsk:

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Thought he finally found a home after the headaches with the Bengals and Raiders, but maybe he's just gotten to the age where he might not be able to get past the injury

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, how strange is it that a few days after signing a huge contract his knee blows up. ..

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It's all in the script yo.

86WARD likes this.