Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb Responds To Tommy Kelly's Comments

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Aug 18, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The comments by Raiders defensive end Tommy Kelly criticizing Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb came out after Kolb had left the stadium last night. Kelly, among other things, said Kolb was “scared.†When Kolb was contacted this morning on the subject, he welcomed the chance to respond. “Scared? Scared of what?†Kolb said. “Taking a hit? I have never been afraid of anyone on the field and that will never change. That includes Number 93 (Kelly). There’s a fine line between holding in the pocket and trying to escape to make a play. Tommy Kelly is too clueless to know the difference. I don’t mind people criticizing my play. Don’t ever question my toughness.â€

Source: AZCardinals.com

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

idk still think hes scared

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

He may not be scared, but he's showing that he's not good...

Said it from the get go that it wasn't the right fit for Whisenhunt's offense. Was giving him the benefit of the doubt though last season with the lockout...but doesn't really look like it mattered.

But on topic, he may have a point about Kelly...lol.

4. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Don't know 86Ward I'm starting to think he is just a plain backup at best. The Cards need to find an answer or its going to be a long season for them. I think there QB might be on another team right now.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

As a Cards fan, Kevin, let me be the first to the say..... STFU. Since arriving in AZ how many games have you, our new franchise QB, started? Why has the media and the fans blasted your toughness the entire off-season only to begin this pre-season the way you have. Being tough doesn't mean you think you are, being tough is being on the field when banged up and not getting happy feet when another colored uniform starts heading your way. It's the exact reason that John Skelton WILL be the starting QB this year. Please don't embarrass us any more than you already have and keep your piehole shut.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

He may not be a quality back up either...I meant last season, he played crapty and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt b/c of the lockout...but like you said, he's not proving to be anything better than a back up...

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:word:

The Cards got a "small" diamond in the rough with their 185th pick in Ryan Lindley out of SDSU. He's outplayed Kolb so far and has more heart. If there's any trade value to Kolb, the Cards should eat his contract and trade him. He's had plenty of time and it just gets worse. Just waiting for the first Tweet from the locker room that there's dissension amongst the ranks with Kolb on the field.

8. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Don't know anything about him but hopefully they give him time to learn and mature to the NFL level.

9. Huxley

Huxley ...

Kevin Kolb - SOFT!