Cardinals QB Matt Leinart Erases All Doubts

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by CP26, Aug 29, 2009.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

If there was any doubt that Cardinals QB Matt Leinart was No. 2 on the Cards depth chart, he likely erased it Friday by going 24-38 for 360 yards and three TDS (1 INT) in one half of play. No. 3 QB Brian St. Pierre didn't play because of a back injury, but Tyler Palko also didn't play even though coach Ken Whisenhunt said he would. Leinart is finally producing for the Cardinals.

Source: CBS Sports

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

producing in the preseason when it doesn't matter

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

360 yards in one half of football is... still 360 yards in one half of football. pre-season or not, playing against starters or not, he was still playing against PROFESSIONAL football players.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That is pretty damn sick for a half.

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Jon Gruden had this to say about his performance: "That is a foot-ball-play-er. He leads the NFC West in grit."

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

do it in the regular season when players actually care then ill be impressed

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

To be fair, week 3 of the pre-season a majority of the players do care about this game and this one only.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

nice stats and he's had some good games before but never consistently. 360 yards is sick but next time will it be 98 yards with three picks?

9. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Jay Glazer has made Matt into a man. :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsgGsjSJuA&"]YouTube - leinartandglazer[/ame]

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's good to see him cross training.

11. WOODDRIVER

WOODDRIVER Team Veteran

To be more accurate, most of the guys that were playing in the 4th quarter will NOT be professional football players in two weeks! :icon_rolleyes: I don't make too much of it, but it was nice to see Matt getting his reps, and his confidence.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

What do you think about the cross training he is doing in MMA woody?

13. WOODDRIVER

WOODDRIVER Team Veteran

It sure as Hell can't hurt (unless he breaks his hand or something). He actually bounced back and showed a little toughness against the Steelers after Harrison drove him to the turf (isn't that the EXACT same kind of hit that Adrian Wilson got fined for after crushing Trent Edwards last year?). I've always liked Leinart and he will need to be tough because I don't think Warner is going to hold up this year.

Remember in 2006 his first start was at home against the Chiefs. On his first drive the Chiefs stacked the line bringing the blitz. Leinart called an audible and hit Boldin on a 49 yd. bomb for the TD. I'm not saying he should be league MVP material, but I've been a beleiver ever since that play.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I guarantee it hurt getting better at being an athletic competitor.

That's the nature of the game.