Champion Team 1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by BlackGPGT, Dec 20, 2016.

1. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

Here is team 1. I am going to upload the stacked team im playing.

I am undecided on Rawls going against Arz. Lewis was played alot vs Den and blount could be rested?

Im going Landry over watkins in case they try and protect him for next year.

Meredith is avail on waivers

Thoughts on all?

Attached Files:

2. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

My opponent. Dude just dropped pts all year long

Attached Files:

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I think Rawls is good for roughly 80/90 all purpose yards and I guarantee you a touchdown vs AZ... if he fails to do so we can drive down to SEA and handle up.
    " Lewis was played alot vs Den and Blount could be rested" - no one knows, not even Belacheat. James White screwed up the only good thing out of the NE run game in a long time - now we have a three headed monster and Belacheat isn't one to try and predict.. he is paid handsomely to BE UNPREDICTABLE.

Say hi to Meredith on waiver street and have fun starting him and TY against some very suspect secondaries.

4. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

Thank you

So who is meredith going to replace landry or inman? Im think landry is your answer

5. Kurt

Yes Landry.. Moore's dominance last week (all 12 completions) are unlikely to occur @ BUF. As of right now the weather looks good but keep an eye out nflweather.com on game day

6. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

Or the ultimate flyer Ted Ginn?

7. Kurt

quoting rotogrinders founder.. "any ted ginn is to much ted ginn"..

But I do like him in GPP's this week with a Cam stack =)

8. jdub1013

jdub1013 Rookie Premium Member

might wanna take a look at Tyler Lockett also, I wouldn't start Rawls

9. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

Are you saying dion lewis instead?

10. jdub1013

I'm not saying that, but I did say before this weekend that people were sleeping on Lewis. (did you see his numbers against Denver? not to bad, better than Blounts) now that the Jets have seemed to have pretty much giving up, I'd say Blount could run on them, he couldn't last game, 11 for 67, week 12, BB knew that. Dion is fresh. All I can say is my boy knows Seattle through and through, and he's not touching Rawls this weekend, he also lives in Boston and listens to Boston based sports radio all day on the road, says this is Lewis time, take it for what it's worth, I mean NE is going to the Super Bowl, and big boy has been beastmode all year, I think they take the gas off a bit, and let Lewis do some work, but it's just an opinion

11. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

I totally see that. I had the same thoughts of giving blount some rest.

12. jdub1013

don't listen to me though, stick with Kurt

13. jdub1013

My buddy does think Lewis is gonna get more play time, but he's not sure he's jump Rawls for lewis, like I said, listen to Kurt

14. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

Thanks. Im undecided.

15. Kurt

Ha ha @jdub1013 =) @BlackGPGT is going to do the opposite of what what I recommend, or some other variant. But it has been like this for years and works great =)

16. Kurt

I think BB ran with the hotter hand last week. Coaches dial back snaps during practice and/or give players a day off when they want to give them a rest. I can't see a coach resting STUDS during the games unless the game is well under control or a loss will have 0 impact on the playoff picture. With that said, it's probably going to be well under control this week vs NYJ. However, Sun, Dec 27, 2015, NE was favored by 8.5 points AND LOST to the NYJ. Historically these teams have been very competitive even during losing seasons for the NYJ.

This game right here.. for me.. is harder to estimate than the stats imply.. only because of the history between these two teams. The JETS TYPICALLY don't lay down against the Pats.

LEWIS - way to risky in my opinion - I'm pretty sure snap counts etc are all dependent on game flow - something we just can't count on in a division matchup - this is basically the JET's superbowl too..

17. BlackGPGT

BlackGPGT DP only 17

Lol Kurt what do you mean I always do what you recommend as long as its what I want to hear lol.

Kurt likes this.
  18. Kurt

I understand I'm nothing more than a sounding board. Bounce ideas and get my opinion. I'd say it's 50/50 on when people go with my opinions. And that works out for them 50% of the time! Thing is, most people are asking questions about coin flips, guys that are really close and usually only separated that week by one big play. So I look at the matchup, see which team gives up more big plays, where the offense will likely exploit the defense based on past matchups. But in the end, it's the NFL. One big play (33 yard pass for a TD) is all it takes to make or break our picks. And usually those big plays come from busted coverage which is impossible to predict.

19. Kurt

Rawl isn't sexy, I understand that.. he's just in a position, based on snaps and touches, to out-produce your other options (I like Crowell but risky) Unless of course if you properly "guess" which NE RB will get the snaps. Here's the other reason I like Rawls more, AZ just gives up a lot of red zone carries and rushing TD's. 16 this season, with 8 being the floor and 22 is the ceiling (49ers) and the next highest ceiling is 19. They are a 7.5 point favorite which means they should run more to chew clock.

And if you saw the New Orleans game, a big let down game for AZ, they have 0 incentive to show up this week. PS Deone Bucannon (AZ LB) is OUT for the season.

Crowell has a solid matchup, if he breaks that big one you will be SET. I say he has a higher ceiling than Rawls but a lower floor. See image below.

Capture1.JPG