Changes To The Site Rules: 1/21/08

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jan 21, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the recent issues on the site I have gone ahead and made a change to the site rules. The change is more of a clarification now. Before there was a comment about threads being derailed under the "Posting In The Wrong Forum/Duplicate Threads" (rule #7) and have now expanded on that rule to make it clear. It now stands alone as rule #8:

I hope this clears up any confusion.

2. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

should add a yellow card/warning will result if action continues.

3. SRW

At the top of the site rules there is a comment about the warning system:

4. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Sounds good

5. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

If that were the case then I'd have two yellow cards when I replied to a poster in a thread. 3 more and i'd have been out. I can understand it if you are purposely hijacking a thread but a warning for posting off topic seems kinda harsh for an uncensored board. Leaves it up to interpretation doesn't it?
    If there was a thread about the 1970's Steelers and I talked about how the Oilers never made a Super Bowl in that thread someone could call it off topic and I could argue that because they were in the same division and rivals for years it ahd everything to do with it.
    Seems to be a lot of talk about banning and warnings lately.

6. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Do that and I'll kick your butt... :close_tema1:

7. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

:thumb:
    I'd like to suggest sending the members PMs about any violations for sometimes, fans don't know what they're doing unintentionally. Just a suggestion.

Also, can moderators ignore members? How come the members can't ignore the moderators (with exception to the head moderators like Steve/Sweets)?

8. SRW

This relates to completely derailing threads. We are not talking about items that are in context here. The moderators have an eye for what is intelligent conversation and what is a blatant attempt to derail a thread.

Having a thread or post moved isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes one good discussion will spark from another discussion. Sometimes a good discussion is being had but it's not in the appropriate forum. A thread might be split so that two different topics don't get mixed together and both can be found and discussed easily.

9. ^^^^Thats a card!^^^^^^

It just seems to add more grey area the way I see it...

What about members who's posts make no sense no matter what the subject matter?

Brooklyn has about 5 more posts in his gif future.....

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Any member should be sent a PM by a mod or admin about any and all violations. If this is not being done then the member should let the admin. know that this is not happening.

Members can not ignore mods because mods are part of the staff here, Steve, Olly and I are not mods, we are admins. As far as mods ignoring members, that is frowned upon here since they are the ones that are monitoring the site on a daily basis.

If anyone feels that they are getting picked on etc., by a staff member send a PM to Steve, Olly or myself

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I agree with the rule Steve it was the warning I disagreed with. I also agree that Mods can determine for the most part who and why threads are being de-railed. I'd just be careful about handing out warnings.
    It's all good!! :icon_cheesygrin:

12. SRW

Moderators know handing out Yellow Cards are always a last resort. No cards would ever be handed out without a warning beforehand.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Handing out warnings is the crapty part of our job here. I don't forsee a large amount of warnings being given out because although we have these rules we also know that sometimes people can get carried away and they do get a few unofficial warnings before the actual yellow card comes.

14. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I feel we're all good fans. We just have to try not to let our emotions take over. These rules seem fair, and I know it's hard not to issue a yellow card. How would the member then work to get the yellow card removed?

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yellow cards are not removed.

16. Are these problems in the game day threads? Craziness always happens in these threads when emotions run high....in the heat of the moment.

17. SRW

The answer is clearly stated in the Site Rules page:

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Nuff said....awaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy we go!!:icon_cheesygrin: