Chicago Bears Face Make Or Break Season In 2014

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by aschmidt, May 27, 2014.

1. aschmidt

aschmidt 2nd String

The 2013 season for the Chicago Bears was one that saw success on the offensive side of the ball but massive failure on the defensive side as the team lost their final two games to miss out on the playoffs with an 8-8 record. As the 2014 season quickly approaches, this season has the feel of one where the Bears need to make the playoffs or else. While that sounds like an extreme comment to make, this is a team that has made the playoffs just once in the last seven years since their last Super Bowl appearance. Jay Cutler got his big money deal […]

Read the whole post here.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Granted the Bears have just missed out on the playoffs the last 3 years, I wouldn't want it any other way in terms of amount of playoff teams. with that being said, I agree that one playoff appearance since going to Super Bowl XLI is unacceptable.

Bears fans have been craving for a QB since Sid Luckman and I felt like they finally got that when Jerry Angelo traded for Jay Cutler. However though, you got to surround your QB with the right pieces. OC, RB, TE, WR,O-Line, etc... The only piece that Angelo got right in terms of surrounding Cutler is Matt Forte. Other than that, when you have a crap o-line, Matt Spaeth and Kellen Davis as your TEs, and Devin Hester, Earl Bennett, & Johnny Knox as your top 3 WRs, any QB would get laid to waste. Also, I don't think I could put up with one year of Lovie Smith as my head coach let alone four years if I where a QB. Lovie Smith is a good defensive mind but has a brain the size of a pea in terms of offense. I felt like the first 3 or 4 years of Cutler's development in Chicago was wasted. I will agree though that year 2 in the Trestman system, there are no more excuses.

I feel like that if the defense can rank around the middle of the pack, they will be ok. There where some good additions through FA and the draft. I can't wait to see those new pieces contribute to the Chicago Bears.

DaBears22 likes this.