Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel Responds To Adam Zimmer's Arrest

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chiefs assistant coach Adam Zimmer was arrested under suspicion of driving under the influence after a single-car accident in Kansas City on Sunday night. KC Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel was understandably disappointed when asked about the arrest on Monday.

"Well, I think we are aware of that situation," Crennel said, via comments sent out by the Chiefs. "That's being investigated, and we don't have all the facts about that and we'll gather the facts, as well as the NFL, and we'll see where that leads us. We do not condone DUIs; that's not the right thing to do.

"So, I think that everybody knows that educating people about the hazards of driving under the influence is really what takes place and what needs to get done. So you do that to the best of your ability and then people have to make their choices, and they do make their choices and hopefully they make the right choices."

That Zimmer is a coach, and not a player, makes this a little more difficult to work through. Coaches are supposed to be the examples, not the ones demonstrating what not to do.

Crennel said that he had not made a decision as to whether Zimmer would coach Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

Source: SBNation.com

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

As an alcoholic, if I were part of that organization, I'd drink even more.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Probably celebrating the 2012 season almost being over and the coaching staff all getting the ax. Just like players we berate for a DUI or worse, just a dumbass for drinking and driving. If his future with the Chiefs was on the bubble, he just settled the matter.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm sure romeo is a nice person but he is an absolutely horrible leader. his players and coaches are completely undisciplined.

romeo should have just stuck with being a coordinator and Pioli absolutely should be fired for hiring the guy. that shows really poor judgement on his part.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I have said all along that I love Crennel as a DC, but that he is a horrible HC....that had already been proven before he came to KC...I hope they're all fired Monday morning. :icon_twisted:

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I think you're going to get your wish. So what's the talk in KC land who will take Pioli's spot?

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Well, I think signing Reid was a good start...not sure who he will get to be the GM....pretty pathetic that our owner is such a wimp though. :icon_smile: