Chiefs Keep Emmitt Thomas, Gary Gibbs On Coaching Staff, Add 2 Others

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The final pieces of the Kansas City Chiefs coaching staff are starting to fall into place. The Chiefs made a wave of additions last week and on Tuesday they announced that two holdovers from the previous staff would remain and a new one would be coming in.

The Chiefs have two new faces on the coaching staff and two returning ones. Andy Reid announced on Tuesday that he's retaining Emmitt Thomas (defensive backs) and Gary Gibbs (linebackers) from the previous staff and adding Dave Toub (special teams) and Eugene Chung (assistant offensive line).

"Dave is one of the league's best special teams minds," Reid said via Chiefs press release. "I have spent time with him at a number of different coaching stops, and I feel he will bring an innovative approach and consistency to this group. Dave will get the most out of our players and I'm very happy he is joining our staff."

"We have continued to bring in high-quality coaches to fill out the staff," Reid continued, "and I am excited that Eugene Chung is in the fold as our assistant offensive line coach."

Chung is a former player who was Reid's assistant offensive line coach in Philly the last three years.

"I'm also pleased to retain two dedicated and successful coaches," Reid said. "I look forward to working with both Gary and Emmitt as we move forward into the 2013 season."

Source: SBNation.com