Chiefs RB Jackie Battle Plans To Test Free Agency

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jackie Battle the free agent running back made an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio this afternoon. The Kansas City Chiefs running back indicated he plans to test the free agency waters in March and, while he's willing and hopeful to come back to the Chiefs, he does hope to find a situation that gives him more opportunities as a running back. "[The Chiefs] said they wanted me back before we left but I was gonna just see what my options were before I made that decision," Battle told Andrew Bogusch and Pat Kirwan on SiriusXM NFL Radio Monday afternoon. "But they said they wanted me back before the season ended." Battle recognized that this is the NFL and things change so it's possible Chiefs change their mind and look elsewhere for a running back. "I don't know who they're looking at or what their strategy is," Battle said. "But I'm going to go out there and look around a little bit and if the Chiefs are the best situation for me then I'd love to go back." He also said he's definitely going to be on the look out for a situation that gives him more carries at running back, whether that's with the Chiefs or another team.

Source: SBNation.com