Chiefs RB Thomas Jones Believes Age Doesn't Mean Being On The Decline

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Chiefs running back Thomas Jones will be 32 years old this season; that's considered Medicare eligible at the running back position and he's now going to share a backfield with a young gun, 23-year old Jamaal Charles but none of that matters to Jones, who joined the Chiefs about a week after he was released by the New York Jets. He's gone from an AFC contender that won nine games last year, to an AFC also ran, a team that has won just 10 games in the last three seasons. "I love coming to teams where they have a great nucleus of guys and guys that have actually struggled," Jones said. "When you struggle through tough seasons, it makes you stronger as a football player, stronger as a person and it builds character. For me to come into a situation like this and talking to Coach (Todd) Haley and Coach (Charlie) Weis and Coach (Maurice) Carthon, you can just tell that they are committed to winning." As for being 32 years old, Jones says it's not about a number, it's about a man. "I've worked as hard as anyone in the league," said Jones. "I guess you could say the older you get, you start to decline, but I think it is the person, not the age. It's how you prepare and how much you want it, if you still have the desire and work ethic to win a Super Bowl. I do."

Source: USA Today

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Did he say Super Bowl? :Loco:

If nothing else, hopefully that positive outlook will rub off on other players .

3. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Hell yeah he did!! I love the attitude! :icon_cool:

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

spoken like a true aging running back

1 person likes this.