Chris Long Vs Trent Cole

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by ActionJackson39, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Ok, I recently got into an argument with a certain "Eagles" fan.
    He repeatedly told me he would rather have Trent Cole than Chris Long and that Chris Long would be lucky to be as good as Trent Cole one day although it probbly won't happen. After arguing for like 30 minutes he calls me the biggest homer in the world.

Say your a headcoach/general manager of a team. You get put in a situation where you can have either 1 of them....

Who would you take?

Who has more upside?

Who will have the better career?

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Who would you take? Chris Long, No question.

Who has more upside? Long can and has played all from seven positions. That said Cole has more of a upside/ceiling bc he has more room to grow. Long is a much sounder athlete and football player imo

Who will have the better career? who knows, one could get a superbowl ring and never touch 150 sacks.....one may get 150 sacks but never get the ring.. It all depends on how you look at things...

If i was to make a guess, I would think Long has a better shot at getting bigger #'s statistically.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

What Beasty said...

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

tell me it was ball in the baskett

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he is talking eaglesr4ever...

I think...

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Long

Long and

Long.:icon_thumright:

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I would have guessed it was baskett.

Trent Cole is awesome and has turned out to be the best DE from the 2005 draft and has played his way into my heart, but Chris Long is a monster and play all over the place.

A sane person picks Long because there is no way you would have known what you were going to get with Cole. You know you are getting a stud in Long.

They are both great players with Cole being established on the Eagles and in the leagues as his only edge right now and I wouldn't mess up that growth which is why I would rather the Eagles have him instead of Long.

but just starting from the gate, I would have to take Long

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

considering long will get to play against two of the most pathetic teams in the entire nfl in the niners & cards twice a year each it's easy to pick him.

christ he'll probably break the single season sack record this year in those four games alone.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Three Long's. Next Question?

10. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Dude im trying to tell you man trent cole is proven in the NFL right now trent cole is a Probowler right now trent cole is better and has more upside. Yesterday u was being the biggest homer in the world. You were Comparing chris long to Reggie white c'mon hes not reggie white.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

you do realize you're debating with the ram's version of 49er genius right ?

12. I didnt say crap about reggie white, I said Chris Long would become better than Trent Cole.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

personally i think trying to compare a guy that has never taken an nfl snap to a proven pro-bowler is assinine.

but hey, knock yourself out. you do have the advantage considering how bad the rams sucked c**k last year.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol i would take trent cole over long but it wasent me.

15. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

uh, as of right now, trent cole.. chris long is a total mystery @ this point in regards to what will happen w/ him in the nfl. dur.

16. ball in the baskett

Yea he could be a total flop in the nfl you never know. Trent cole was a 5th rounder and he ended up being a beast. Just cause you get drafted high doesent mean you will be great.

17. Im not saying Trent Cole is bad, but if they were in the same draft, I'd much rather have Long

18. ball in the baskett

Well in the draft you dont know much about them yet so most people would take chris long. Thats why trent cole was a 5th pick.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's still a stupid debate but you are afterall, a rams fan so ....