Clippers Chris Paul eyes return for All Star Game

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul, who has been sidelined since Jan. 3 with a separated right shoulder, said he hopes to be back on the court in time for the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 16 and would like to play in the game.

"If I can play, I'm going to play, I love to play that much," Paul said Wednesday. "The All-Star Game is in New Orleans and that's part of me. That's where I played my very first All-Star Game at. Anytime you have that opportunity, I'm not going to pass that up because it's not guaranteed to happen next year."

Paul had been the leading vote getter to start at point guard for the Western Conference before his injury, but has since been passed by Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry, who is expected to be named the starter.

The All-Star Game starters will be announced on Thursday, while the reserves will be announced on Jan. 30. Either way, Paul said he will be at the game after playing his first six seasons in the league with the New Orleans Hornets.

"Oh yeah, no question, I'll be there," Paul said. "I'll definitely be there."

Source: ESPN LA