Colin Kaepernick Or Russell Wilson- Who's Better!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by misfitz, Dec 20, 2012.

?

Who is the better Quarterback right now?

1. Colin Kaepernick

22.2%
  2. Russell Wilson

77.8%
  1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

wilson cause he does not have a quarter of the talent around him that kaperknack does!

2. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

Seattle is 27th in passing yards. Russell Wilson isnt good. Just another rookie benefiting from the over all weak play in the league and the rules that make passing easier to accomplish.

that said, neither QB is that good for the same " league is watered down " reasons.

Come playoff time, SF might even get to a SB but they really have no legit passing offense and one of their receivers is gone now too. As good as their defense is, I dont consider them a quality, balanced team for the post season. Same with Seattle

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  3. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Did you watch that game? Wilson was elusive and made plenty of good downfield throws. Right now its easily Wilson.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Do you watch football? Ever?

5. ram29jackson

like i said, Seattle is 27th in passing offense. i dont care what highlights youve seen or how good he looks to the masses. Everyone can pass for yards now with the new rules. I dont deny that he helped them win games and has talent but its not as impressive as you want to make it out to be.

The NFL is pretty watered down now when three teams with rookie QBs can make the playoffs without any true experience or knowledge of a full playbook that takes about 3 years to really grasp as a experienced veteran.

6. Steve12

There are quarterbacks starting in the league for years learning their offenses and still can't play like these guys. There are rookie and first year starting quarterbacks that are playing like crap this year.

The play of these 3 guys may not be as extraordinary as we're saying. But its alot closer to being that extraordinary than it is to being as routine and easy as you're making it out to be.

Also, Seattle is #2 in rushing so they're not asking Wilson to just dominate in the passing game. He's #9 is passing percentage, #6 in yards per attempt, and only has, what?, like 10 picks? That's talent, bro. Not watered down defense.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, you're entitled to your opinion but i disagree with your analysis. you can't just look at passing yards and say whether a qb is good or not. wilson is running that offense and handling the qb position very well. he's making good decisions, whether to run or pass, and when he's passing, he's reading defenses well and making accurate throws.

and, although i agree that the new rules make it easier for qb's to succeed, wilson is doing better than most veteran starters, so i'm not sure where you are going with that point.

and although i understand what you're saying about a young qb needing a few years to really learn a full playbook, it is only the qb's job to do what the coaches ask him to do and wilson has successfully accomplished his job even though his coaches have given him more responsibility as the season has gone along.

8. ram29jackson

thats of course due to free agency and teams unable to become cohesive units. Games are won because for a week, my horses were better then your horses. Not because of practiced execution. That how parity came about. Younger players are starting sooner since you cant keep veterans longer. The players are great athletes but dont play well as practiced teams as they use to. So rookies end up looking better then they really are.

9. misfitz

Alex Smith has a more ypa less picks and a higher completion percentage.......49ers had a top rushing attack as well so does that mean that Alex has plenty of talent as well?

Im really curious because i have used those same stats for Alex but they just get excused and no one wants to listen to them.

10. Steve12

I never said he wasn't talented. But saying he's more talented than cutler is ludicrous.

Anything you bring up about Smith is completely irrelevant, anyways. He was benched. Game over. This isn't the place for that conversation though.

11. Steve12

I don't agree at all with what you're saying. But you're explaining yourself 10 times better than pretty much every new comer I've seen, and you do seem knowledgeable, So I hope you stick around.

12. ram29jackson

with these stats and what you are saying. He could well turn into nothing more then another Sanchez in year 2 or 3 when asked to do more.

three rookies should not be competing for a spot in a Super Bowl/RG/Luck/Russ. The playoffs should illiminate these guys pretty quickly. and if one does make it, they will no doubt lose the game/ SB.

I like football and will take it for what it is and be entertained by it. But dont tell me that many rookies are that good that quickly and should be considered as such. I just dont buy it.

13. ram29jackson

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_redface:

OK thanks

14. Steve12

I just feel like the struggles of guys like McCoy, Weeden, Lindley, Gabbert, Locker, Leinart, Quinn, Clausen, Russell on and on and on are proof that rookies can't just come in and win right away without being really good. These guys are just simply more talented than their counterparts.

15. ram29jackson

its the ultimate team sport. Theres a million factors as to why a guy does well or doesnt and a coach/system/offensive line/GM can be just as much to blame. I still dont think talent should get you that far,that quickly as an individual in a team sport.

...put Wilson in Cleveland and see what happens ? LOL who knows ?

16. misfitz

Conversely put Aaron Rodgers in San Fran and I dont think he is the same player that he is today. Some players dont fit some schemes and thats why sometimes it takes going to a different team for it to click for some players. Sanchez is in a similar situation as Alex Smith was with a defensive minded coach limited weapons and a fan base that hates him. I really think had he gone to a different situation he would be a better qb doesnt mean he would be great just better.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Put him with my beloved Cardinals and I'll tell you exactly what will happen and it won't be a "who knows?" We all know.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If you truly think that is any indicator of how good or bad a player Wilson is, this is almost enough for me to not want to read any of your posts.

And you follow it up with 'i dont care what highlights youve seen or how good he looks to the masses.'???

Seattle is a RUN-FIRST TEAM. They have one of the most powerful, hard to bring down backs in the league. Wilson is lethal with the run option, especially because he has pinpoint accuracy if he decides to throw it.

C'mon, man.

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Can't vote on this one. Although I'd take either in a heartbeat to replace the crap here in AZ, the sample size is just too small. They've both played like HOFers at times and crap the bed as well. The only thing that really shocks me is the speed of Kaepernick. Once on the same yard marker with a backer or the secondary, advantage Kaepernick.
    If they both play a full schedule next year, let's compare then.

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, give me at least 20 or 30 games out of a starter and then we can get a better read ................ now, having said that, it is very rare that a qb has a great rookie/1st season and then gets worse if the team around them stays in place so things look good for both of these guys.