Coming Soon: GridironFans.com Hall Of Fame Class Of 2009

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Team Veteran

But can you explain how you can be the "key to the site's success"? And, by "long standing" I'm assuming that you mean a year or more.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well long standing does mean the time spent here, our recipients of the Walter Payton award have been with us for quite a few years, and to be a key to our success can mean any number of things, our earlier award winners like Bandi was a mod who devoted her time here to make this place better and she's on a dial up how's that for dedication, or another winner has brought in a number of recruited members, or donated money to keep this place going in the early days, another member was key in being an admin. that was here running the place when for whatever reason we couldn't be here. Another member is from another country yet is dedicated and willing to donate to help us with server costs or recruiting members or members that have made an obvious difference in the site, have been a member that other members come back for because they are popular with the posters, another award winner ran a specific area of the board for members who didn't necessarily come here only for the football. If you read through the sub forum Hall of Fame winners you can see who and what difference they have made in helping us keep GIF more popular than ever and giving then this award is our way of thanking them for their contributions.

GridironFans.com Hall Of Fame

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Team Veteran

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to make sure what sort of things were looked at from a subjectivity perspective.

Congrats to the past winners and good luck to those that are up for consideration for the next awards!

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

FYI, a lot of our members have been here through quite a few server changes and changes from phpbb to vbulletin and there were a few others in between and when you have members that are willing to stay with you through crapty servers to virtual servers to being slow or down a lot of the time to us having a dedicated server all to ourselves we know that we have the best members in the world.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

still coming soon?

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yes 86, when we have the date we'll post it.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just looking through some older threads...lol...

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I read through them too, some make me laugh, some make me sad that those members felt the need to get themselves banned just because.

10. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

If this is going to be the last year for this, good luck everybody!

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:moe:

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:buttrock:

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

:icon_eek: