Conference Championship Week

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Walnuts, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

SEA -7.5 vs GB
    NE -6.5 vs. IND

So who y'all got?

I'm taking the dogs and the points in both cases. I really would like to see GB vs either AFC team, but my gut tells me SEA will win a squeaker. On the other side, Colts to win outright.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't gamble, so I couldn't care less about the point spreads. I'm really rooting for the Colts though I won't pick them outright. I don't really care too much about who wins the GB-SEA game, but with Rodgers not being 100%, I'll take the Seachickens.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

In the New England/Indy game you've got two of the best QB's in the league going head-to-head. All things considered I give the nod to the Patriots and their defense being able to slow Luck down. 34-17 Pats.
    The Seahawks defense is better than good. Even if Rodgers is 100% he'll have to be almost perfect for the Pack to have a shot. 31-13 Seahawks.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Would prefer to see a GB vs indy super bowl but it will probably be NE vs Seattle. Ugh.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

This.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm taking Seattle and New England, with Seattle repeating as Super Bowl Champions.

7. CaptainStubing

I could see indy put up 35 on what I feel is an overrated defense. Unfortunately, I can see the pats putting up 40.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i think we have two blowouts this weekend.seahawks are gonna blitz a lot and rodgers is already gimpy. I think the colts will get blasted too cause they just are not too impressive to me.
    i think seattle bangs the drum loudly against the patriots in the superbowl.

ragman likes this.
  9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Why is everyone so gaga over Seattle? They let a bad, a SUB FIVE HUNDRED, team hang with them for a good part of that game last week. They made their late season run on the backs of a lot of bad, non-playoff (and the Cards lol) teams, and again, let a lot of them hang with them for the most part. They're good, sure, but you're punching their ticket for a repeat based on parlor tricks. Like I said elsewhere, I think they'll squeak out a win but I won't be shocked if GB trounces them either.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd prefer to see GB trounce them.

11. markaz

Because they're really good?

Personally, I'd love for Green Bay to beat the Seahawks' sticks in the ground in a blowout or see GB win by running a kickoff back for a TD after Seattle scores a go-ahead TD with :04 left to play. Just imagining the stunned look on Carrolls's face gives me a woody.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This.

13. CaptainStubing

While I agree with your general sentiment that people are probably overrating the Hawks at this point, I do not see the Packers blowing them out. The packers themselves have some warts and I think Seattle is favored for good reason. I think the game should be close and shouldn't be a trouncing by either side unless something strange happens (multiple weird turnovers, etc)

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Seahawks will blow them out.

15. markaz

Since losing Harvin the Seahawks really don't have what may be deemed as a downfield threat, but Wilson's running ability certainly can and does make up for that. And although not part of their regular season MO, I'll be curious to see if the Seahawks give Rodgers a steady diet of blitzes.
    Just curious as to why you think the Pats defense is overrated. They're no Seattle, Buffalo or Detroit but NE's defense is far from over-rated.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i think the pats win big and so do the seahawks.rodgers is not 100%,and i see the hawks blitzing and hitting him a lot.i am not too impressed with the colts.sure they beat the broncos and bengals,but manning had his worst game of the year and the bengals are the bengals.

17. CaptainStubing

Everyone is acting like this is the pats defense from 12 years ago and it is not. They are middle of the road. They can be run on and they can be passed on. They are not horrible but they are certainly not great, as many are claiming.

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they are decent and folk's forget they punched the colts in the balls at their place around 6 weeks ago.i think the colts are the most overated team in the afc.

19. CaptainStubing

i'm not forgetting that and i'm not predicting a colts victory but i'm also not buying into the people that are saying the pats defense is good or great. it is middle of the road.