Contract Talks Stalled Between 49ers, FS Dashon Goldson

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Jul 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dashon Goldson and the San Francisco 49ers have not made progress on a multiyear contract, according to CSNBayArea.com. The 49ers placed the franchise tag on the safety early in the offseason. Goldson and the Niners have until Monday to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. After that, Goldson would only be able to sign the team's one-year, $6.212 million franchise tender. The two sides would not be able to negotiate a multi-year deal until after the regular season, CSNBayArea.com notes.

Source: Sporting News

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Talk about over valuing himself, dude isn't even worth 3 million a year. Should have jumped on that 5 year 25 million.

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i disagree. he is worth double that. took a big step foward last season. he was around the ball alot. there is a thing i dont like about his skills. his decisions to go for the pick instead of the just tackling the reciever when he catches. if you look at Jimmy Graham and Larry Fitzgerald... they made him pay for trying to go for the pick. that said... imo Dashon Goldson is a better saftey than Eric Weddle who recieved an eight million dollor a year contract last off season.

4. bossco

bossco Rookie

Couldn't have said it better my self. He broke out in 09 had a down year in 2010. The 9ers have had a solid D for the past 4yrs they've always just wore down in the 4th quarter because they never got any help from there O. Goldson has been a big part of that.

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah no, he isn't that good. Having a hell of a front 7 makes him an average player. Saying he is better than Weddle is just laughable.

6. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

pay the man [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCDD916TfU]Dashon Goldson 2011-2012 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^^^ truth!!!!!

9. bossco

bossco Rookie

Cant that be said about lots of players. Is Rodgers that great or is his o-line that good And a solid core of wr's. They all feed of each other. Sure sf has a great front 7 but there safety's are solid.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Rodgers is that good because his line is awful and Jennings is good but Rodgers performed without him. Guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers makes players better, your argument is irrelevant. You put those safeties on other teams that have an average front then they are bottom of the league, and Whitner is case and point, on Buffalo he was average.

11. bossco

bossco Rookie

Whitner was not that bad in Buffalo. And didn't Rodgers back put up a record passing day last year? And get a decent contract because of it. So evidently it is not just Rodgers.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Flynn got into a shootout against a bottom 3 passing defense and the scheme made him better, AJ Feeley had monster games too with the Eagles. And yeah Whitner was average at best on a good day in Buffalo. I don't get why you are defending a guy who had one slightly above average year who otherwise was a disappointment.

13. bossco

bossco Rookie

Cause he is a 9er so i have to try. Lol

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But I would think priority would be Bowman, because lets face it, you can plug almost anyone at safety and because of how good the front 7 really is the man will succeed. Draft a young talent and boom let Goldson walk and try to get the money the guy thinks he is worth and watch him fail miserably.

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is Ken Hamlin 2007 Part 2

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Guys do flourish with better players around them. The Saints shredded the 49ers secondary, and because of their own defensive problems..got shredded themselves. Nonetheless, let him walk. If he thinks he's worth more money, then let him look for it elsewhere. Players shouldn't be overpaid because of one decent season. Or in Matt Flynn's case, one great game against a bad defense.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The ironic part is he had a legitimately good season in 2009 with a much worse surrounding cast, played like crap in 2010 and was subsequently offered a 5/25 contract which he turned down, came groveling back and signed for 1/2, and had a decent (though vastly overhyped) Pro Bowl season last year.

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i like that comparison

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Almost exactly like Ken Hamlins young career

Sent from my HTC Vivid

20. bossco

bossco Rookie

I agree but they let smith go to Carolina so they really dont have a good replacement. Spillman is a project at this point.