Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins Unlikely To Be Ready For Season Opener

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Aug 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins is not scheduled to returned to the see Dr. James Andrews for an update on his surgically repaired shoulder until days before the Sept. 5 season opener against the Giants.

Considering he has not practiced at all since the end of last season, that time table makes it unlikely he will be ready to go for the first game even if he is cleared by Andrews.

Jenkins says his shoulder feels good and he is in good shape but doesn't plan on playing until he gets the go ahead from Andrews.

Even he admits that the opener might be "pushing it" based on when he is scheduled to return to see Dr. Andrews.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,â€￾ Jenkins said. “When I saw the doctor, he said four weeks. So I’ve got to go back to the doctor and see what he says. But I’ll be 100 percent when I get back.â€￾

The four-week time table is based on when Jenkins last visited Andrews on Aug. 5.

Source: Star-Telegram

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wonder if he is traded or something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought he could be the one that Irsay was talking about, but if he's not ready for the season, I can't see him being the one...right?