Cowboys Cut LB Dan Connor, Rework Deals With Orlando Scandrick, Mackenzy Bernadeau

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Needing to create room to get under the salary cap, the Dallas Cowboys have cut linebacker Dan Connor and restructured the contracts of cornerback Orlando Scandrick and guard Mackenzy Bernadeau on Monday, Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas reports citing sources.

The moves save the Cowboys nearly $5 million in cap room, but the team will need to do some more tinkering in order to get under the cap by 4 p.m. ET Tuesday.

Dallas still is roughly $2 million over the cap, They could re-work Jay Ratliff's contract, which could create about $2.9 million in room.

The Cowboys saved $3 million by cutting Connor, who signed a two-year contract last year as a free agent. He started eight games in 2012 after the team lost Sean Lee and Bruce Carter and finished with 58 tackles.

Source: The Redzone

2. Harryaxel

Harryaxel Rookie

Cowboys Cut LB Dan Connor, Rework Deals With Orlando Scandrick, Mackenzy Bernad

Cut Doug Free damn it

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

we're going to regret cutting connor tbh

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Nah I'd think so

We have Albright and sims

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Cowboys Cut LB Dan Connor, Rework Deals With Orlando Scandrick, Mackenzy Bern...

Connor also wouldn't take a pay cut I'm guessing since it came out that they asked him to restructure his contrar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Re: Cowboys Cut LB Dan Connor, Rework Deals With Orlando Scandrick, Mackenzy Bernadea

Conner was trash anyways.

Sent from my HTC Vivid