Cowboys DE Marcus Spears Admits He Hasn’t Lived Up To First Round Hype

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Jun 24, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There is no question Marcus Spears struggled last year. The seven-year veteran defensive end was moved from the left to the right side, a switch he described as ‘uncomfortable.’ His numbers reflected it as he only recorded 29 tackles and one sack. “It was a new position I’ve never played before. I’m a team guys and tried to do whatever helped us win, but I had some problems with it,†Spears said before competing in the Josh Howard celebrity basketball game on Saturday evening. “It’s like telling a right-handed shooter to shoot left-handed. It was completely different.†But Spears will be back on the left side this season and says he hopes to make a bigger impact in 2012 after never truly producing like his first-round draft status suggested he would. “It’s like I’m finally home. I feel comfortable and we all love to feel comfortable,†he said. “Thank God I’m back over there at home. I want to come out and play well and get back to my form of being that run-stopper. I want to be a guy that’s reliable. I haven’t put up the gaudy sack numbers or (lived up to) the first-round hype that you get especially being drafted with DeMarcus Ware, but I’ve been doing my job for a long time at a high level and hopefully can continue to do that on the side I’m used to.â€

Source: Dallas Morning News