Cowboys Elevate Jason Garrett To Full-Time Head Coach

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by ravenfan52, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Jason Garrett had the interim tag removed and will be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, a team source said Sunday. The Cowboys interviewed receivers coach Ray Sherman to satisfy the NFL's "Rooney Rule," which requires teams to interview at least one minority candidate. "For him to even consider me, I'm excited about it, flattered about it," Sherman told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram before Garrett was hired. "You never know where life is going to take you sometimes. I don't look at what he is going to do with someone else. I'm flattered he is considering me for the position. I have coached for a long time. I have been around. I think what I have done as a coach has something to do with it also." Garrett is 4-3 entering Sunday's season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. He took over for Wade Phillips, who was fired after a 1-7 start and most likely will land with the Houston Texans as their defensive coordinator. Garrett, a former NFL quarterback, joined the Cowboys in 2007 as offensive coordinator.

Source: Michael Lombardi, NFL.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.