Cowboys Owner Believes League Will Look At Golden Tate’s Hit On Sean Lee

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Sep 16, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

You can thank Hines for that.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Looking for his rod in the dirt.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

If I were a teammate of Lee, I would have given Tate a taste of his own medicine. The only problem with that, as we all know, is that nothing happens to the instigator. It's always the one that retaliates that gets in trouble.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

1. Yep thats a nono

2. He didnt leave his feet until after they had already separated from the hit

3. What the heck does that even mean?

5. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Josh Morgan agrees with you.

6. misfitz

Your a cowboys fan of course you think it was dirty..........Why does being a niners fan mean we will think it isnt dirty? Is it because our team is physical and can lay the wood without them being illegal hits?

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

This is still football right? The only thing I saw wrong with that was leading with the crown of his helmet that is a big no no. As for being blindsided, hardly he hit him square inbetween the numbers maybe if Lee didn't have tunnel vision and had his head on a swivel(which any good LB should) he wouldn't have gotten freaking rocked.

8. misfitz

he got absolutely annihilated on that hit

9. ragman

He DID NOT hit him in the numbers. He hit him in the neck, which I thought was illegal.

As an added note, just watch. Soon, there's going to be a massive fight on a field somewhere, and these replacement refs will not be able to break it up.

10. ragman

You don't know what "peel back" means? Look it up.:icon_rolleyes:

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

tate's facemask was between the 5 and the 0. not sure why some of you can't see that.

this is a very strange convo. it's like some of you are watching a different play entirely.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This reminds me of the Desean getting laid out by Robinson hit

Some say legal some sy not legal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_HPI3bM8w&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Desean Jackson Injury with Dunta Robinson vs Atlanta Falcons HD.avi - YouTube[/ame]

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And the crown of his helmet is driving upwards into the face mask of Lee's, forcing his head to explode backwards and which is clearly an illegal blow.

It doesn't matter where Tate's face mask is. It matters where the crown of his helmet is.

14. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Yes he hit with his helmet, but he hit the LBs chest (padded) and he didn't leave his feet until the force of him made him (therefore not launching). Realistically the most likely to be hurt by that hit was Tate, and if I was his coach I'd kick his butt for that.

You should snitch about that out of bounds roughing call though, that was total BS.

And BTW, just cause they're physical and play amazing fundamentals, the Niners are anything but dirty. They don't need to be, they'll kick your butt (or break your ribs) anyway.

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEzLr7wJeY]Golden Tate "DE-CLEATS" Sean Lee "HD" Cowboys @ Seahawks - YouTube[/ame]

At no point did Tate's helmet hit Lee's.

16. CaptainStubing

I agree that the crown of his helmet ends up in lee's facemask/chin, which is illegal. i'm simply disagreeing with all of the people that are calling this a 'blindside' hit when tate's facemask is clearly between the 5 and the 0 on lee's chest. tate was properly positioned for the block. it would not possible for tate to be in that 'straight ahead' position if it were truly a blindside hit.

the only thing tate did wrong is letting his helmet get too high, which is the main issue with these guys and their blocking/tackling problems. a true fundamental block does not ever consist of a player leading with his helmet and a true fundamental tackle does not ever consist of the tackler standing erect so that his helmet is at the same level as a ball carrier who is running erect.

well, i agree his facemask hit lee's padding but the crown of his helmet did get up too high and hit lee's chin/facemask, which is illegal.

I agree this was not a launch. he didn't leave his feet until after laying the block.

yes, you are correct. this is where stuff like this needs to end, not only at the professional level but going all the way down to the youth leagues. teaching the kids properly early on would eliminate 99% of the problems. unfortunately, at the professional level, the coaches mostly encourage it because there is so much intimidation that they are trying to put into their game plan/strategy.

17. Omen

Here is a good explanation on why it was illegal and he will be fined and should have been flagged

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC7YWOu2P4o&sns=em"]Babe explains how Tate's hit on Lee was blatantly illegal - YouTube[/ame]

18. Omen

The crown of the helmet can. not hot any part of the. Of body when the player is running parallel to the sideline of running towards it

And player can not dip and hit

19. ragman

It's not only the hit that bothers me. It's what Tate does after the hit that pisses me off. He points at his number on the back of his jersey. Like he's a real badbutt. On Monday night, when the Seahawks play the Packers, I hope Clay Matthews takes Tate's helmet off. With his head still inside.

Goodell's not going to do anything about Tate. He's too afraid since the Saints players won their appeals case.

20. CaptainStubing

i'm a little torn on guys pointing to their name on their jersey or celebrating in some fashion after a big play they make.

There are many fans that watch the sport just for the big hits/big plays and many players complain that the league is pussifying the sport and that they want the big hits to continue. So, in that respect, they're just doing their job of entertaining, i suppose.

on the other hand, the traditionalist in me says that anytime an individual player tries to put himself up on a pedestal, it's a snitch move.

i dunno. i guess it's just the reality and we either deal with it or just not watch football any more.