Cowboys Sign OT Tyron Smith To Eight-Year Extension

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by DaBears22, Jul 30, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Dallas Cowboys have signed Pro Bowl offensive tackle Tyron Smith to an eight-year extension through 2023, making the total value of his contract worth nearly $110 million, according to multiple sources.
    Smith, who the Cowboys view as a cornerstone of their future, is guaranteed $40 million and will receive a $10 million signing bonus, according to sources. He had two years remaining on his previous contract after the Cowboys picked up the fifth-year option of his rookie deal in the spring.

"We talk about building a program and building a football team and he was the first player that we took three years ago in that draft," coach Jason Garrett said. "He's just been everything we've wanted to build this program and this team around. He was really a young player, who we put in really on minute one of day one and he's everything that we thought he would be, both physically, intangibly and just as a person. His work ethic is fantastic. His mental and physical toughness are as good as I've been around. He just continues to grow and develop as a player. Technically he's getting better. He's getting bigger and stronger. And he's just tough, competitive. He's what you want on your football team at a really, really important position."

Source: ESPN

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Dallas Cowboys: Operating like there's no salary cap since 1994.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

110 million for a tackle? Ok, sure.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Yahoo Sports says $98 million.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, those are additional to the $12 million already owed to him in his rookie deal.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

8 year extention at about 100 million. Good deal for 23 year old top 5 OT

7. Jihad Joe

The 110 is over 10 years counting this year and his option year

8. Buck Fenson

still a 110 million contract even if it counts the hairs on his head. Personally I think that is a bit much but not my money.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Now all they have to do is to restructure it so Dez can have his extension...which will also be restructured down the line...

I'm telling you...Jerry will still be paying these guys in 2050...

10. Buck Fenson

he just signed the extension. can't restructure it right now. they don't do that until like several years in.

11. Jihad Joe

Its 10 million a year for the next 10 years for a 23 year old All Pro LT. Thats the going rated for a good LT now. How is thay too much money?

12. Buck Fenson

damn facts.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Cause it Dallas